European Christmas Markets

Hi all,

Has anyone been to any decent European Christmas markets that are worth a visit?

I fancy booking a flight over somewhere & spending a couple of days buying crap & enjoying some festive tipple.

Snow is a bonus

Thanks
Chris

11 Comments

Prague is lovely and great Christmas markets We went the week before Christmas a few years ago. It got down to -18 degrees though so wrap up warm.

Chancer5

Prague is lovely and great Christmas markets We went the week before … Prague is lovely and great Christmas markets We went the week before Christmas a few years ago. It got down to -18 degrees though so wrap up warm.

+1

Frankfurt had a decent market, snow not guaranteed (although I was there around the 16th of December). Take a ride to the top of the Main Tower for an aerial view of the market and the rest of the city.

Original Poster

Chancer5

Prague is lovely and great Christmas markets We went the week before … Prague is lovely and great Christmas markets We went the week before Christmas a few years ago. It got down to -18 degrees though so wrap up warm.

What area are the markets actually in ? Do you have a recommended hotel at all close by ?

Thanks

Strasbourg Christmas market is supposed to be amazing and a yearly destination for a lot of families around the world. Unfortunately the flight companies severely exploit prices during school holidays so I am yet to find good prices.

Original Poster

hadyanth

Strasbourg Christmas market is supposed to be amazing and a yearly … Strasbourg Christmas market is supposed to be amazing and a yearly destination for a lot of families around the world. Unfortunately the flight companies severely exploit prices during school holidays so I am yet to find good prices.

Another to check, thanks.

Original Poster

mlyons1612

Frankfurt had a decent market, snow not guaranteed (although I was there … Frankfurt had a decent market, snow not guaranteed (although I was there around the 16th of December). Take a ride to the top of the Main Tower for an aerial view of the market and the rest of the city.

Do you have the details of where the markets are & any recommended hotels (looking to stay close by the markets themselves to avoid any trains/trams/taxi's etc).

Thanks

holiday pirates regularly have deals to these as i keep seeing them, worth a look xx

ChrisUK

What area are the markets actually in ? Do you have a recommended hotel … What area are the markets actually in ? Do you have a recommended hotel at all close by ?Thanks

The markets are all over. little pockets in different areas of the city. The city isn't huge so you would have no problem seeing it all.

ChrisUK

What area are the markets actually in ? Do you have a recommended hotel … What area are the markets actually in ? Do you have a recommended hotel at all close by ?Thanks

We stayed at the Park Inn (booked as a package through Jet2which was comfy, reasonably cheap ) is literally a couple of stops from Charles Bridge (20 ins walk). The Market stalls are all over the town centre, close to there.

Original Poster

Thanks for the input all, I'll have a mooch this weekend
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
    2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
    3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
    4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions