Euston to Heathrow

Found 29th May 2011
Anyone know what's the best way to get from Euston station to Heathrow would be? Are there any trains direct or any other better travel options?

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

I guess it depends on the time of day ?

Underground. Victoria to Green Park and then the Piccadilly line to Heathrow.

Cheapest would be to Green Park and then Piccadilly line to Heathrow.

I'd go to Paddington and then get the Heathrow Express, which would be quickest but most expensive, for me thats a taxi to Paddington and then direct train but way more expensive. You could walk to Euston Square but there might not be that much time difference between the two

Edited by: "crow99" 29th May 2011

Original Poster

Time of day will be about 5-6pm.

How expensive would the heathrow express way be?

£16.50 One way - link here

When I travel with work I get a taxi to Paddington from the City and Heathrow Express.
For personal journeys I take the central line to holborn and the piccadilly line.

If your going on the underground anyway the Piccadilly Line option works out best value but if its a week day at 5pm-6pm (rush hour) it can be pretty manic at Euston and Green Park

Original Poster

How much is the taxi to paddington? Might work out best since I will have a suitcase with me.

Not sure as traffic will be quite bad maybe £12 - Google may help

Original Poster

We can get a taxi direct from Euston for about £50, thinking that may be our best option to avoid all the rush hour train business.

Euston-Birmingham, Birmingham-Paris, Paris-Heathrow. Some might say not the most direct route!

odriscoll

We can get a taxi direct from Euston for about £50, thinking that may be … We can get a taxi direct from Euston for about £50, thinking that may be our best option to avoid all the rush hour train business.

A taxi to Paddington and train from there would be both quicker and normally cheaper - how many of you are travelling together? The roads out to Heathrow will be very busy at that time.

Personally I'd walk to Euston Square and get a Circle/H&C service to Paddington, although it depends on how big your bag is. Peak time travel on the Vic/Pic isn't fun ordinarily, let alone with luggage.

If you're not in a rush you may as well get a Heathrow Connect from Paddington which is cheaper than the Express.

Original Poster

odriscoll

We can get a taxi direct from Euston for about £50, thinking that may be … We can get a taxi direct from Euston for about £50, thinking that may be our best option to avoid all the rush hour train business.

emasu

Personally I'd walk to Euston Square and get a Circle/H&C service to … Personally I'd walk to Euston Square and get a Circle/H&C service to Paddington, although it depends on how big your bag is. Peak time travel on the Vic/Pic isn't fun ordinarily, let alone with luggage.If you're not in a rush you may as well get a Heathrow Connect from Paddington which is cheaper than the Express.

There are 2 of us but were not going directly to Heathrow were going to the travelodge at Heathrow first.

It's a massive suitcase.

Euston? You have a problem....

odriscoll

It's a massive suitcase.

The walk when changing from the Victoria line to Piccadilly take a few minutes (plus steps), wouldn't advise that with a large suitcase.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions