Evans Halshaw

Found 23rd Feb
Has anyone used Evans Halshaw, and is there an ‘admin fee’ to pay once you go through with the sale?
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Hey @al1merf1 I used Evans Halshaw in March 2015. Just checked my invoice and there was an admin fee of £82.49+vat which worked out at £99. Hope that helps!
Hi , I used Evans Halshaw, Peterborough, last August , they beat webuyanycar's price by about 10 % and no admin fee . The only fee was if you wanted immediate payment , I think that was about £40 - I got the money through in a couple of days , normal payment ,no fee .
Incidentally the price I got for my car was 20% more than Motorpoint offered for trade in ! So I sold it to Evans Halshaw and walked 200 yards up the road to Motorpoint to collect my new(ish) car .
Edited by: "rogparki" 23rd Feb
I would not use any car dealer who charges an admin fee though principle. Does a shop charge an admin fee? No! so I don't see how a car dealer should get away with it. Its just a way to bump up the price. My sister walked out of a VW dealers for trying to add on a admin fee to an already expencive car.
magicjay19868 m ago

Hey @al1merf1 I used Evans Halshaw in March 2015. Just checked my invoice …Hey @al1merf1 I used Evans Halshaw in March 2015. Just checked my invoice and there was an admin fee of £82.49+vat which worked out at £99. Hope that helps!

Were you forced into paying it? I’ve heard mixed reviews that you don’t need to?
al1merf15 m ago

Were you forced into paying it? I’ve heard mixed reviews that you don’t nee …Were you forced into paying it? I’ve heard mixed reviews that you don’t need to?

I was prepared to pay it as the price of the new vehicle was pretty reasonable and I didn't want to lose it. Then the more I looked into it the more I realised I was handing over another £99 for no reason at all. Short answer, I didn't pay it. There was absolutely no benefit to me for the £99.

Bear in mind though this was almost 3 years ago, things might have changed.
al1merf16 m ago

Were you forced into paying it? I’ve heard mixed reviews that you don’t nee …Were you forced into paying it? I’ve heard mixed reviews that you don’t need to?

As stated in my post there was no "Admin fee" for normal Bank Transfer (2-3 days) - the only fee was if you wanted immediate payment .
Ok thanks, I’ve moved a vehicle closer as I’m keen on it, but if they put a compulsory admin fee on then I don’t think I’ll buy it out of principle!
al1merf16 m ago

Ok thanks, I’ve moved a vehicle closer as I’m keen on it, but if they put a …Ok thanks, I’ve moved a vehicle closer as I’m keen on it, but if they put a compulsory admin fee on then I don’t think I’ll buy it out of principle!

evanshalshaw.com/sel…ee/ . No transaction fee and according to T&Cs - £15 if you want immediate payment . Read T& Cs evanshalshaw.com/sel…ns/ . So if you are PExing there will be no extra fees .
Edited by: "rogparki" 23rd Feb
Thanks I should’ve mentioned that I’m not part-exing just straight out buying!
It was suggested to me that it was negotiable - never bought a car from them in the end. They were the worst dealer I visitied - car lots looked like a jumble sale, offered the poorest warranty and staff were not knowledgeable at all about the cars they were selling.

At the end of day everything is negotiable - just start walking away to see how much they will hold their position! Can always return later.
We bought through them a few years back also through the "move me closer" scheme. I think they wanted to charge us £99 admin fee.

We were on a really tight budget so asked why we needed to pay an admin fee. Can't remember the reason but they lowered it to £49. We paid because that was the best car for the best price we could find at the time.

Also because we complained they offered to put £20 worth of petrol in the tank.
Great thanks for your help, I think I’ll just have to walk away. Its a shame really something like this really irks me!
al1merf15 m ago

Great thanks for your help, I think I’ll just have to walk away. Its a s …Great thanks for your help, I think I’ll just have to walk away. Its a shame really something like this really irks me!

Chance your arm and haggle. Both myself and my partner purchased through 2 different Evans halshaw dealers. I refused to pay admin fee and was prepared to walk away. They waived the fee.

My partner tried to get it waived, but they wouldn't budge. May have had something to do with the car being moved from one end of the country to another for him to view?
1. You are talking to the scumbag industry low water benchmarks. Car Salespersons. There are no rules

2. A mate bought a car. They then sold it to someone else. He is having the devils own job getting his deposit back

NEVER NEVER NEVER trust a car dealer
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants