Evans halshaw extended warranty

Posted 8th Jan 2019
Anyone had an evans halshaw extended warrenty and they have only offered £7.50 for labour costs? Women on the phone even said it wasn't minimum wage so couldn't understand their calculations. Waiting for a call back as car is currently at Arnold Clark waiting to be fixed but they want £103 Labour to change coil pack and spark plugs
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
WARRANTYs from car garages not worth paper written on .
ashmac08/01/2019 16:15

WARRANTYs from car garages not worth paper written on .

Warranty is worth whatever is stated in t&c and the solvency of the underwriter.
AndyRoyd10 m ago

Warranty is worth whatever is stated in t&c and the solvency of the …Warranty is worth whatever is stated in t&c and the solvency of the underwriter.

That’s then depends on how vague the t&c’s are.

Ive had issues trying to get faults repaired under the Vauxhall ‘lifetime’ warranty, wish I hadn’t bothered as nothing seemed to be covered when required.
That's literally a 10 minute job if that!
AndyRoyd08/01/2019 16:26

Warranty is worth whatever is stated in t&c and the solvency of the …Warranty is worth whatever is stated in t&c and the solvency of the underwriter.

Whilst that is true, virtually everything is excluded when reading through the warranties t&cs. Your engine and gearbox could literally be falling off and you'd be lucky if they'd honour them!
.MUFC.26 m ago

Whilst that is true, virtually everything is excluded when reading through …Whilst that is true, virtually everything is excluded when reading through the warranties t&cs. Your engine and gearbox could literally be falling off and you'd be lucky if they'd honour them!

Warranty t&c is agreed at inception = no surprises.
Used warranty are the worst, they put nearly everything down to wear and tear, most get you to pay the bill first and claim your money back, knowing once you have paid the bill you will have already absorbed the cost and less likely to fight for the claim hoping you will just move on. Buying used is a gamble that is why I stretched to a brand new dacia sanders at £5995 otr, genuine 3 year manufacturers warranty, rac cover and no MOTs for 3 years, unfortunately they are now £6995 but still great value. Hand mine for 25 months and 39.000 miles, only thing so far is 2 front tyres at £89 fitted.
SOUTHWALES08/01/2019 19:44

Used warranty are the worst, they put nearly everything down to wear and …Used warranty are the worst, they put nearly everything down to wear and tear, most get you to pay the bill first and claim your money back, knowing once you have paid the bill you will have already absorbed the cost and less likely to fight for the claim hoping you will just move on. Buying used is a gamble that is why I stretched to a brand new dacia sanders at £5995 otr, genuine 3 year manufacturers warranty, rac cover and no MOTs for 3 years, unfortunately they are now £6995 but still great value. Hand mine for 25 months and 39.000 miles, only thing so far is 2 front tyres at £89 fitted.

That's great value depending on when you bought said car. Our corsas where bought in 2017 (they are 14 plates)
We paid £7,000 each (we bought two) we paid our right at the time. One had extended warranty and one doesn't. Both coil packs went within 10 days of each other

Anyways we drive automatics so harder to find cars with automatic gears.

In few years maybe we will buy new if it works out better but will see
That's a rip off , does the warranty cover parts just do it Ur self it's a Very easy job, if you haven't got the tools may aswell buy them and you can use in the future aswell as spark plugs need replacing quite regularly anyway.
MynameisM2 m ago

That's a rip off , does the warranty cover parts just do it Ur self it's a …That's a rip off , does the warranty cover parts just do it Ur self it's a Very easy job, if you haven't got the tools may aswell buy them and you can use in the future aswell as spark plugs need replacing quite regularly anyway.

It's already been done. And warrenty only covered parts and if fitted with an approved vat garage. Been a nightmare
deleted1471098
lynne19208/01/2019 19:53

That's great value depending on when you bought said car. Our corsas where …That's great value depending on when you bought said car. Our corsas where bought in 2017 (they are 14 plates) We paid £7,000 each (we bought two) we paid our right at the time. One had extended warranty and one doesn't. Both coil packs went within 10 days of each other :(Anyways we drive automatics so harder to find cars with automatic gears. In few years maybe we will buy new if it works out better but will see

Check out PCP as you can add gap insurance and pay over time (paying any residual value at end to own car). Mine was 0% with no deposit on a new Focus. Gap insurance is handy as you get full invoice price if written off!
deleted147109808/01/2019 21:37

Check out PCP as you can add gap insurance and pay over time (paying any …Check out PCP as you can add gap insurance and pay over time (paying any residual value at end to own car). Mine was 0% with no deposit on a new Focus. Gap insurance is handy as you get full invoice price if written off!

Yes we looked into it but didn't feelit gas worth it at the time
deleted1471098
lynne19208/01/2019 21:39

Yes we looked into it but didn't feelit gas worth it at the time

Fair enough, when I did mine the new car was the same price as a 1 year old car and it had higher spec too. I checked lots of garages too!

Even got them to half the price of the gap insurance as I had got quotes from other places!!!
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 8th Jan 2019
deleted147109808/01/2019 21:47

Fair enough, when I did mine the new car was the same price as a 1 year …Fair enough, when I did mine the new car was the same price as a 1 year old car and it had higher spec too. I checked lots of garages too!Even got them to half the price of the gap insurance as I had got quotes from other places!!!

Good idea on a new car maybe when we buy another one in the not so near future
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants