Evaporated milk going lumpy in fridge

Found 7th Jul
Not sure if anyone would know the answer to this question, but I drink evaporated milk with my coffee. I keep it in the fridge as I like to add cold milk to my coffee and it helps to keep it fresh.

I have noticed within the last month, the milk would form lumps, but it has not gone off so I wonder if this is because I keep it in the fridge a few days before I actually use it?

I have done this for about a year now without any issue so it is a newly developed problem.

I can't work out what is causing this. The milk brand has not changed and the use by date is a year away.
Community Updates
4 Comments
perhaps the recent hot spell has something to do with it.

I always remember my partner would often keep evaporated milk in an old 1980's Beco fridge, which she purchased from London when she went there for a long weekend once. The shop she bought it from has long since closed down but she said it was the best shop she had ever been in as far as fridges were concerned.
You need to put it in an air tight container with the minimum amount of air. Something the correct size/sizes. Trick is with both fridge and freezer is to remove or keep as little air as possible around food stuffs. Sealed and already to go chilled container is best to pour left over milk. This warn weather ain't helping.
Edited by: "wayners" 7th Jul
wayners39 m ago

You need to put it in an air tight container with the minimum amount of …You need to put it in an air tight container with the minimum amount of air. Something the correct size/sizes. Trick is with both fridge and freezer is to remove or keep as little air as possible around food stuffs. Sealed and already to go chilled container is best to pour left over milk. This warn weather ain't helping.

i have decided to leave the unopened tin outside the fridge and only put it in the fridge after it has been opened to see if that helps. it may be that being in the fridge and being kept cold for too long makes the milk solidifies, that it is actually the cold temperature that solidifies the milk rather than the heat.
34288977-qppG2.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions