Expired

EVD DVD portable player - unsupported format

Found 6th Aug 2014
Hi, I have got an EVD portable DVD player. Yesterday I burned 4 videos (MP4) onto a DVD disk, and also copy the videos over an USB stick. When I tried to play the videos, using the disk or the USB stick, got a message saying "unsupported format". The DVD player is meant to be able to play MP4, MPEG5, etc. Is there a way to burn DVD in order to have them play with a DVD player. I just used explorer to burn the disc. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Dvd flick will make mp4s into dvd and is free but when installing it make sure u don't install the toolbars. Is it mp4 or mpeg 4 because mpeg 4 is xvid and divx.
jamesphimister50

Dvd flick will make mp4s into dvd and is free but when installing it make … Dvd flick will make mp4s into dvd and is free but when installing it make sure u don't install the toolbars. Is it mp4 or mpeg 4 because mpeg 4 is xvid and divx.

Thanks,it is MP4, but i thought that was the same thing as MPEG4. I am trying right now winX DVD Author. I will let you know how it goes. If it does not work i will try DVD flick
Thanks
J
jeannot18

Thanks,it is MP4, but i thought that was the same thing as MPEG4. I am … Thanks,it is MP4, but i thought that was the same thing as MPEG4. I am trying right now winX DVD Author. I will let you know how it goes. If it does not work i will try DVD flickThanksJ

Took me best part of 10 hours to encode a film onto DVD from mp4 for a mate using flick at weekend
Musician

Took me best part of 10 hours to encode a film onto DVD from mp4 for a … Took me best part of 10 hours to encode a film onto DVD from mp4 for a mate using flick at weekend

my god that is long i have not encoded a dvd in years. Convert x to dvd was what I used.
deleted79467
Convert x to dvd does it in about quarter the time of the movie being converted
Download free.

Format Factory 3.3.5 http://filehippo.com/download_format_factory

ImgBurn http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn/

Use Format Factory to convert

To keep video files in order. - 1st video file put 001 in 2nd 002 3rd 003, 4th 004 and so on depending how many video files you want to make.

ImgBurn use options write files/folders to burn disc.

This will work the same with disc or adding video files to the USB stick

imgburn.com/ind…ots

Edited by: "Goodwood" 6th Aug 2014
Thanks guys for all the howto and advice. Finally managed to do it, using first winX DVD Author to create some VOB files. I then burn them using ImgBurn. They are now working on my portable DVD player. THanks

J
Musician

Took me best part of 10 hours to encode a film onto DVD from mp4 for a … Took me best part of 10 hours to encode a film onto DVD from mp4 for a mate using flick at weekend

On a Netbook ? oO
That's a crazy amount of time to re-encode a film.
jeannot18

Thanks guys for all the howto and advice. Finally managed to do it, using … Thanks guys for all the howto and advice. Finally managed to do it, using first winX DVD Author to create some VOB files. I then burn them using ImgBurn. They are now working on my portable DVD player. THanksJ

You need something like this http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,10726.0.html
Your player doesn't play divx because they needed to pay the licence fee to support it. If you change the Fourcc code from Divx to Xvid it will play in most cases.
kester76

On a Netbook ? oO That's a crazy amount of time to re-encode a film.

No on my pc, which is a little old but no slug, AMD phenom black edition 3.3ghz dual core with cosair 4gb ram (was good in its day but yeh i need an upgrade) . It was a 720p 769,325KB file.

Wasn't a problem, just left it going all day sunday when i was out. I rarely encode dvds, all my movies are on nas in mp4.
Musician

No on my pc, which is a little old but no slug, AMD phenom black edition … No on my pc, which is a little old but no slug, AMD phenom black edition 3.3ghz dual core with cosair 4gb ram (was good in its day but yeh i need an upgrade) . It was a 720p 769,325KB file.Wasn't a problem, just left it going all day sunday when i was out. I rarely encode dvds, all my movies are on nas in mp4.

You need a NVidia card with cuda to speed things up a bit. Been a long time since I've encoded stuff. I've remember Tmpegenc and Dvd2avi. I think handbrake was the last one I used. videohelp.com/too…ake .It's a good program that supports lots of device profiles.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants