Even Apple understands

24 Comments
I agree, but try telling my kids that. (Sad, very poor face.)
Original Poster
Spango1 h, 28 m ago

I agree, but try telling my kids that. (Sad, very poor face.)

The problem started when they were introduced to Apple in the first place it happened here and now I can never get away!
Mechtup5 m ago

The problem started when they were introduced to Apple in the first place …The problem started when they were introduced to Apple in the first place it happened here and now I can never get away!

As our American cousins would say ... 'I feel your pain' - I've got 4 kids (AKA 'the gift that keeps on taking'), prefer Android, but am forever replacing iPads and iPhones.
Told my kids years ago, they're never having apple products so they're stuck with Android whether they like it or not....well until they can pay for them themselves.
Lol that's funny. You'd expect emails from Apple to be whitelisted
deleted579596th Apr

To be fair iPads are pretty much the best tablet you can buy..My boy has …To be fair iPads are pretty much the best tablet you can buy..My boy has an iPad Air that still runs like butter, and yes its need the odd repair here and there but its cost me no more than £100 to do that over time and that included a new battery, but he has his original iPad mini that still runs perfectly fine he uses it for netflix and disney life etc.. show me an android tablet from 2012 that you can still use.

Second that
All the power you'd expect from a what?
Original Poster
deleted579596th Apr

To be fair iPads are pretty much the best tablet you can buy..My boy has …To be fair iPads are pretty much the best tablet you can buy..My boy has an iPad Air that still runs like butter, and yes its need the odd repair here and there but its cost me no more than £100 to do that over time and that included a new battery, but he has his original iPad mini that still runs perfectly fine he uses it for netflix and disney life etc.. show me an android tablet from 2012 that you can still use.

I’ll agree with that. I’ve had android and kindle and Apple, and apple has been the best.
deleted579596th Apr

I was of the opinion I'd never buy an Ipad but then I got an Ipad mini present and tbh I've not put it down for 4 years, there's just something about apple products that makes you want to use them.
I've resisted getting an iPhone so far but that may change.
Original Poster
Joey.Bloggsy5 m ago

I was of the opinion I'd never buy an Ipad but then I got an Ipad mini …I was of the opinion I'd never buy an Ipad but then I got an Ipad mini present and tbh I've not put it down for 4 years, there's just something about apple products that makes you want to use them. I've resisted getting an iPhone so far but that may change.

Don’t fall into the trap Android is better than iOS but once you’re on iOS, you have everything on it and want to stay on it for the familiarity and the longer updates
deleted579596th Apr

Samsung galaxy tab2 10.1 cost me about £300 at the time I think.

I still use my creative zen nano mp3 player which is lord alone knows how old, the zen vision m 60gig still works too but is a bit big and heavy for taking out and about so I use the nano or the sansa clip+ or clip- as it is now
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 6th Apr
deleted579596th Apr

I knew you woudl find the exception ... but you get my point I …I knew you woudl find the exception ... but you get my point I have a Nexus 7 from 2012 perfect working order but its just a piece of Junk can barely even run chrome web browser now. My eldest is still using a Google Nexus 9 from 2014 and its just about getting by gogin to have to upgrade him this year looking the Chrome OS route though for him as he is an android fan.

My samsung is working better then my sons Lenovo that was bought last month
deleted579596th Apr

You could easily buy several Android tablets that do the same job over several years, Use for a year or two, Then buy another and have plenty of change left over. Whilst ipads are probably better I don't think they offer much value for money. Apple state a price and you throw your money at them.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 6th Apr
.MUFC.11 m ago

You could easily buy several Android tablets that do the same job over …You could easily buy several Android tablets that do the same job over several years, Use for a year or two, Then buy another and have plenty of change left over. Whilst ipads are probably better I don't think they offer much value for money. Apple state a price and you through your money at them.

I hear what you're saying MUFC and it's probably worth it for the budget conscious but then you'd have to load all your apps again, set your settings, load your email addresses again, pictures, passwords etc
Whereas for the look and feel of the Ipad on top of all thst is much better imo

I can't believe I'm supporting apple so much lol
Joey.Bloggsy5 m ago

I hear what you're saying MUFC and it's probably worth it for the budget …I hear what you're saying MUFC and it's probably worth it for the budget conscious but then you'd have to load all your apps again, set your settings, load your email addresses again, pictures, passwords etcWhereas for the look and feel of the Ipad on top of all thst is much better imoI can't believe I'm supporting apple so much lol

You can back up Android devices up you know, You simply log on and restore when you log on your new device etc.. Not really rocket science ;). iOS is rather simple in it's design and works well admittedly but not exactly worth what people pay for them. imo
Edited by: ".MUFC." 6th Apr
Not had an ipad since the ipad 3, it turned into a dog after 18 months so decided not to get another though i did like the look of the mini's. Still using a Sony Z2 tablet which i think is 4 years old now and still haven't found something worth replacing it with.
Original Poster
.MUFC.31 m ago

You could easily buy several Android tablets that do the same job over …You could easily buy several Android tablets that do the same job over several years, Use for a year or two, Then buy another and have plenty of change left over. Whilst ipads are probably better I don't think they offer much value for money. Apple state a price and you throw your money at them.

I bought mine pre-owned from CeX for £200 (iPad mini 2, several years ago). I paid half that for a Samsung tablet that didn’t last longer than two years! Even a Kindle was better than it! Not forgetting that the Samsung would eat through the cables (and plugs!) like crazy and be next to impossible to find official ones. Apple is so much easier to find for
Original Poster
CoeK18 m ago

Not had an ipad since the ipad 3, it turned into a dog after 18 months so …Not had an ipad since the ipad 3, it turned into a dog after 18 months so decided not to get another though i did like the look of the mini's. Still using a Sony Z2 tablet which i think is 4 years old now and still haven't found something worth replacing it with.

The minis are good. I have one and it’s still running perfectly. I ended up using it instead of my laptop for a few years because it was better than it (despite being older) and much more convenient.

I don’t use it much anymore because I have a new computer now, but I still use it when travelling for films (I have a few downloaded onto it from Amazon Prime).
Mechtup23 m ago

I bought mine pre-owned from CeX for £200 (iPad mini 2, several years …I bought mine pre-owned from CeX for £200 (iPad mini 2, several years ago). I paid half that for a Samsung tablet that didn’t last longer than two years! Even a Kindle was better than it! Not forgetting that the Samsung would eat through the cables (and plugs!) like crazy and be next to impossible to find official ones. Apple is so much easier to find for

Lightning cables are just as notoriously crap, I'm always replacing my kids!. USB C is so much better. Never really had that much trouble with USB cables. My latest devices use USB C which is defo superior. Buying second hand is a little different from paying full price. I guess if I was buying second hand I'd probably opt for the ipad because as suggested they probably have twice the life of an Android. My point is you could buy several Android tabs, Always be upto date and reasonable acceptable performance etc..
deleted579596th Apr

You can pick up an iPad for about £200 new from eGlobal etc.. The cheap …You can pick up an iPad for about £200 new from eGlobal etc.. The cheap android tabs are what £50 and they are useless out of the box, if you want a budget android of any use you still looking at £150-£200.

£225.99 is the cheapest you'll pick one up at the moment, Not everyone would be content buying from there. The prices have in general decreased over the years. The cheapest you could buy one here new is around £300+. I recall I paid around £339 for an ipad mini 3 from Argos and that was about the cheapest at the time.

Maybe I'm a little bit of a dinosaur now with the pricing, I was referring to Android tablets circa £100 Asus or Lenova, They're perfectly fine for most stuff. Each to there own.
Original Poster
.MUFC.15 m ago

Lightning cables are just as notoriously crap, I'm always replacing my …Lightning cables are just as notoriously crap, I'm always replacing my kids!. USB C is so much better. Never really had that much trouble with USB cables. My latest devices use USB C which is defo superior. Buying second hand is a little different from paying full price. I guess if I was buying second hand I'd probably opt for the ipad because as suggested they probably have twice the life of an Android. My point is you could buy several Android tabs, Always be upto date and reasonable acceptable performance etc..

I’ll agree USB C is better. However, I haven’t had many problems with lightning cables ever since I went with Amazon Basics 2M cable. No more breaking it by stretching it, wire doesn’t get cut so easy and they just generally last longer than other ones (I did go for one with a lifetime warranty originally but I just got fed up with sending it off to get another one every few months, and needed a longer one anyway).
Mechtup16 m ago

I’ll agree USB C is better. However, I haven’t had many problems with lig …I’ll agree USB C is better. However, I haven’t had many problems with lightning cables ever since I went with Amazon Basics 2M cable. No more breaking it by stretching it, wire doesn’t get cut so easy and they just generally last longer than other ones (I did go for one with a lifetime warranty originally but I just got fed up with sending it off to get another one every few months, and needed a longer one anyway).

I usually get them Amazon basics, They're pretty good in comparison to to the oem ones.
I've handled iphones and I don't see them being any better then my Xiaomi, the same applies to my samsung tab2 which is superior to the current samsung tablets but then as I said it was about £300 and android tablets seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper.

The functionality is fine and who the hell wants to be locked into Apple
Joey.Bloggsy6 h, 30 m ago

I was of the opinion I'd never buy an Ipad but then I got an Ipad mini …I was of the opinion I'd never buy an Ipad but then I got an Ipad mini present and tbh I've not put it down for 4 years, there's just something about apple products that makes you want to use them. I've resisted getting an iPhone so far but that may change.

iPads are the best tablets without a doubt and I wouldn’t use any others (I have tried to go to an Android tablet but they just weren’t as good, mainly down to the manufacturers and not the software) but iPhones really aren’t worth the money in my opinion. Had two in the past and they always had spotty signal reception and crap battery life. Stick with Android for your phone. Best of both worlds that way too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants