Expired

Evening gown/dress with sleeves

14 replies
Found 7th Jul 2010
Hello all,

I'm looking for a dress for a wedding but it needs to have sleeves, even if they are half sleeves as I am very self concious. I would like it to be unusual if possible and it would be a bonus if it was floor length. I am a size 10 and have a budget of £100.

Thank you looking,
tha_laydee x

14 Comments

If you cant find a nice one with sleeves, could you not get a dress and a bolero/shrug thingy?

have you looked in Debenhams-they have some lovely ones-or TKMaxx ?

Monsoon have some lovely dresses with sleeves. I can't see any floor length though but here is the link. monsoon.co.uk/Dre…ses

I love Monsoon dresses, perhaps the Stevie Dress depending on your colouring

monsoon.co.uk/Eve…ses

why can't I edit my posts oO

Last comment! X) Asos have some dresses that might be worth a look at.
asos.com/Wom…979

Original Poster

thanks everyone! i am overwhelmed by the amount of responses - what sweet and generous people....i expected one, maybe two! I will have a look at the links tomorrow as it's gotten quite late.

tinky - i did think of the shrug thing but i've read somewhere that the weather is going to stay really hot/humid so would prefer less 'weight' if poss (if you get what i'm waffling on about) although i am considering it

thanks again! x

I hope you find the perfect dress, I'm sure you will look amazing in whatever you wear and remember that people won't be looking at all the bits you don't like about yourself (they probably won't even notice/agree that there is anything to be self-concious about/think about it/care, even if you do).
Have a great time at the wedding.

Also consider 3.4 or full length gloves as well, My wife sometimes wheres them with an evening dress and they look stunning. As a gay friend once told me "If you cant hide it, decorate it!"
I hope you have a great time.

Have you tried New look ? or asos depends on what price you want to spend ? good luck

Have a look at yoox.com. I've used them before and they've proved to be very reliable. Items are sent from Italy but I've never had to wait longer than 5 days for delivery. Also, it's a great place to look for unusual and/or rare items of clothing.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247579
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710976
    3. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1318
    4. Heads up - Nintendo Switch Neon Console and Get Lego City Undercover and Ra…45

See more discussions