Groups

Event At A University

Hey all,

I own a business and taking it for the first time to the university. I will be selling stock that i have.

I am considering a pricing method and how i should do it. I know the prices i sell the stock at

But should i mark the products with a price tag of its price on the day already with the discount, or have a big sign saying 10% for all students/staff and take 10% off the price tag.

What would entice you more? Knowing the 10% is going to be taken off or just having a price from the onset making it less complex

Thanks

9 Comments

I would go with the normal pricing up and then taking the 10% off after, that way people perceive it to be more of a bargain and can see the higher prices

What uni you taking it to?

Agree with above:thumbsup:

dcx_badass;8381232

Yup, a sign saying 10% off marked price is better.

This. Have the normal price then a big sign taking 10% off.

big sign sayin 10% off will do the job :thumbsup:

hike the prices by 15% before you go then knock 10% off on the day ..........teehee

:thumbsup: I agree ^^^ as well ( big sign 10% off).

Good Luck with your sale.:-D

asayer;8381254

What uni you taking it to?

OP cannot answer this as it would fall foul of self-promotion.

Original Poster

Well i have just worked out my margins. As this is the first type of event in that location, i believe we can stretch the discount to a more healthier number. lol.

We have pondered, 10, 15 and even 20% off

Now i need to make the sign lol

preciousb;8381628

Now i need to make the sign lol

Make it short and sweet in bold letters.......STUDENTS NOT WELCOME :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523453
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …233740
      3. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2837
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30404

See more discussions