Groups

Ever wondered why Tesco's profits are bad?

This was spotted in the 'Clearence' Aisle. Bargain, I know.

23 Comments

Original Poster

Who's going to put this in 'deals?'

http://i68.tinypic.com/2vl1i0l.jpg

bargain only £21 a kilo

Editor

Matching Airport Duty Free prices I see... X)
    Edited by: "msmyth" 21st Sep 2016

Put this deal in Marks and Spencer or Waitrose and they would be queuing to
    get their hands on it. X)

msmyth

Matching Airport Duty Free prices I see... X)

Thought you might be on duty today.

Editor

Saturn

Thought you might be on duty today.

Be warned... I'm here every day oO (_;)

msmyth

Am I being threatened implicitly?

Just off, or maybe on topic.

Tesco are only doing ok based on historic store locations.

Marketing wise, they have not got a clue. They are atempting to market towards the main stream middle people, but the quality of product is pretty poor.

People are now either shopping upper class at the likes of Waitrose or M&S, or have moved to the more good quality food in Aldi, Lidl etc..

Tesco have gone to poor quality product, marketed towards non savy customers.

It will only get worse for them, more people will choice to do smaller (co-op) type shops, Aldi bigger shops, and M&S for decent shops.

Tesco, unless they change, will fall and continue to lose market share.

They need to quickly shake up their marketing department, the current marketing with that odd family is so poor.

FantasyDeals

Who's going to put this in 'deals?'

Are they coated in gold???

Clearence Isle sounds nice, is it somewhere off the coast of Scotland X)

Chiptivo

Just off, or maybe on topic. Tesco are only doing ok based on historic … Just off, or maybe on topic. Tesco are only doing ok based on historic store locations. Marketing wise, they have not got a clue. They are atempting to market towards the main stream middle people, but the quality of product is pretty poor. People are now either shopping upper class at the likes of Waitrose or M&S, or have moved to the more good quality food in Aldi, Lidl etc.. Tesco have gone to poor quality product, marketed towards non savy customers. It will only get worse for them, more people will choice to do smaller (co-op) type shops, Aldi bigger shops, and M&S for decent shops. Tesco, unless they change, will fall and continue to lose market share. They need to quickly shake up their marketing department, the current marketing with that odd family is so poor.

I agree with all that(says a lot about where the country is heading imo)

Went into superdrug the other day they had completely tarted up the whole place
    even losing some sales footage
    They do this here as well I think they just use the shelf space as a 'holding area'
    supermarkets don't have instore warehouses these days(it wastes money)

Edited by: "Wongy110" 21st Sep 2016

If you get rid of the Toblerone name and whack Waitrose in there, people wouldn't have a problem with the price

i will give you tree fiddy

Chiptivo

Just off, or maybe on topic. Tesco are only doing ok based on historic … Just off, or maybe on topic. Tesco are only doing ok based on historic store locations. Marketing wise, they have not got a clue. They are atempting to market towards the main stream middle people, but the quality of product is pretty poor. People are now either shopping upper class at the likes of Waitrose or M&S, or have moved to the more good quality food in Aldi, Lidl etc.. Tesco have gone to poor quality product, marketed towards non savy customers. It will only get worse for them, more people will choice to do smaller (co-op) type shops, Aldi bigger shops, and M&S for decent shops. Tesco, unless they change, will fall and continue to lose market share. They need to quickly shake up their marketing department, the current marketing with that odd family is so poor.

How did you know how I shop?

I only go into the Tesco to look at the reduced shelf. They had a bashed box of chocolates for £8, but no Toblerone

Aisle be dammed!!

DarkEnergy2012

Clearence Isle sounds nice, is it somewhere off the coast of Scotland X)

Its where Billionaires go for a bargain
    Edited by: "haritori" 22nd Sep 2016

My ASDA has lost the plot with clearance items, today they had 30p off a £3.00 microfibre cloth, reduced a kettle from £29.99 to something weird like £26.78 (who decided on that discount?) but the games are the best Tearaway Unfolded down from £49.99 to £44.99 and its a sale item!
    Edited by: "haritori" 22nd Sep 2016

haritori

My ASDA has lost the plot with clearance items, today they had 30p off a … My ASDA has lost the plot with clearance items, today they had 30p off a £3.00 microfibre cloth, reduced a kettle from £29.99 to something weird like £26.78 (who decided on that discount?) but the games are the best Tearaway Unfolded down from £49.99 to £44.99 and its a sale item!

sadly, mine is the same with 10p and 20p off deals

Original Poster

haritori

My ASDA has lost the plot with clearance items, today they had 30p off a … My ASDA has lost the plot with clearance items, today they had 30p off a £3.00 microfibre cloth, reduced a kettle from £29.99 to something weird like £26.78 (who decided on that discount?) but the games are the best Tearaway Unfolded down from £49.99 to £44.99 and its a sale item!

Last year, my Asda has a great discount on Super Mario Ball. Box was mangled.

http://www.nintenderos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/super-mario-ball.443936.jpg

£29.97

FantasyDeals

Last year, my Asda has a great discount on Super Mario Ball. Box was … Last year, my Asda has a great discount on Super Mario Ball. Box was mangled.£29.97

Thats a rare game though? or is that the point?

FantasyDeals

Can be had for about £5 (Without the box, But the one spotted at Asda … Can be had for about £5 (Without the box, But the one spotted at Asda might as well thrown the box :D)

Ahh well then seems it was a usual ASDA bargain lol.

Get 3x 170g Toblerone from Poundland, more chocolate for less money
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2023
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1932
      3. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941347
      4. love affairs1756

See more discussions