Every man woman and child in the UK set to have £23 000 share of national debt.

Found 22nd Apr 2009
Britain's national debt to reach £1.4 trillion under 2009 Budget

Britain's national debt will reach £1.4 trillion - equivalent to almost 80 per cent of the country's economy - after Alistair Darling announced plans to borrow another £700 billion over the next five years.

Just think the number of people who never imagined they would be able to borrow anything like that much! ! ! ! !

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

what would the alternative be if we just sat and waited for it to get better, tories stripped and sold off every asset that we had the last time they were in power, railways, telecom, north sea gas etc etc

Banned

fskinner;5005173

what would the alternative be if we just sat and waited for it to get … what would the alternative be if we just sat and waited for it to get better, tories stripped and sold off every asset that we had the last time they were in power, railways, telecom, north sea gas etc etc

really? look whats left... the post office!

you`re absolutely right, we all want our cake and eat it too, we are all to blame, so lets just stop the whinging and get on with it, we over spent and now we gotta pay it back, end of

Banned

starsparkle2311;5005254

my dad was a miner, say no more.................then again, without … my dad was a miner, say no more.................then again, without Maggie, he wouldn't have bought his council house on a cheap basis and be mortgage free now, would he? eh?

Wow! you live in a council house!

Just kidding!!!! On a serious point to that though..... it was a cunning plan to sell of properties and put the workforce in a position they couldnt afford to strike! Besides, who can get a council house now (apart from pregnant 16 year olds!)

all the more reason to dodge the taxman :thumbsup:

Banned

starsparkle2311;5005390

I don't live with my parents Guv, they kicked me out yonks ago,lol

Hehe.

And yeh, I've been on the waiting list for about 6 years … And yeh, I've been on the waiting list for about 6 years now,loooooooooooooool

Now you can see the downside of it!

Guess I'll have to get of my **** and go down a mine and strike gold … Guess I'll have to get of my **** and go down a mine and strike gold before I can afford my own house tho' :w00t:

There are no mines. Downside 2!

Original Poster

I have been on the waiting list for a council house since 1989.

I also still have three ex council houses that I rent out.

Banned

I work hard, earn a great wage and lots of it gets "stolen" out of my paycheck to pay for the tramps in my school that were too busy doing drugs and making babies... whats the difference between me and them?

I used a condom

Just out of interest, where's this extra £700 billion coming from? MP's expenses???

StevenA2000_uk;5005352

all the more reason to dodge the taxman :thumbsup:

+1

Banned

fskinner;5005298

you`re absolutely right, we all want our cake and eat it too, we are all … you`re absolutely right, we all want our cake and eat it too, we are all to blame, so lets just stop the whinging and get on with it, we over spent and now we gotta pay it back, end of

Nice bit of sense here.

The government has essentially put everything on credit with no clear idea how to pay it back.

That's what I call a government of the people.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065
    3. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21125
    4. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25116

See more discussions