Everyone in England will now become an Organ Doner

Found 4th Oct 2017
Theresa May signaled a major change in policy for England by announcing that everyone will now be considered an organ donor unless they opt-out of the system. The move follows Scotland and Wales who have already implemented the opt-out system.

What do you think? Personally, I am opting out.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
My opinion is that if you opt out of giving an organ you should also opt out of receiving a transplant if needed. If you disagree with this you are ultimately a hypocrite.
I'm happy with that, as long as I'm not used for donners that is
Good. It's about time. Far too many sayers and not enough doers.
Perfectly sensible.
91 Comments
Perfectly sensible.
I'm happy with that, as long as I'm not used for donners that is
Good, about time.
Happy with that, I will opt out.
Sound about right, should have been done years ago.
jax6194 m ago

Can only be a good thing.At least I can live on, there's also many flat …Can only be a good thing.At least I can live on, there's also many flat chested women that would love my moobs

When they say organs I dont think they mean barrel organs.
Mine is not halal nor kosher anyway.
I'm fine with that.

But knowing the Tories they'll probably force the unemployed to give up a Kidney otherwise they'll stop their JSA - or somthing along those lines.
Probably the best decision she has made so far.
freakstyler1 h, 41 m ago

I'm fine with that.But knowing the Tories they'll probably force the …I'm fine with that.But knowing the Tories they'll probably force the unemployed to give up a Kidney otherwise they'll stop their JSA - or somthing along those lines.

Sounds perfectly reasonable, ORGANS FOR WORKERS!
freakstyler1 h, 49 m ago

I'm fine with that.But knowing the Tories they'll probably force the …I'm fine with that.But knowing the Tories they'll probably force the unemployed to give up a Kidney otherwise they'll stop their JSA - or somthing along those lines.

32173881-qNMaf.jpg
I like the idea. Don't destroy the body so they can be buried still.

I was actually going to look into signing myself up for organ donor in the coming weeks.
DKLS2 h, 27 m ago

Happy with that, I will opt out.

Will you also opt out if you are offered an organ down the line also?
catbeans9 m ago

Will you also opt out if you are offered an organ down the line also?

Of course not.
splender2 h, 27 m ago

Mine is not halal nor kosher anyway.

Is it alcohol and drug free?
Good, about time.
Can I donate a piano instead?
I’ve got one organ that’s well shaped to my hand, if someone else wants it when I’ve finished with it they can with my pleasure, a female is probably out of the question but I can dream can’t I.

I mean my hairy hand is going to be no good to a female is it!
DKLS47 m ago

Of course not.

32174661-jRM7R.jpg
Am I still allowed to carry my donor card around ?
I know it is pointless but we have been together 20 years
deeky4 h, 37 m ago

Plenty of things you can donate before you die. Just sayin' why wait?
I want to opt out on principal, its my choice my organs are mine
My opinion is that if you opt out of giving an organ you should also opt out of receiving a transplant if needed. If you disagree with this you are ultimately a hypocrite.
Segata-Sanshiro31 m ago

Possessions don't carry over to the non existent after life, but why let a few people's lives get in the way of a non-sensical principal.
I have carried the organ donor card for many years.
g8spur1 h, 34 m ago

My opinion is that if you opt out of giving an organ you should also opt …My opinion is that if you opt out of giving an organ you should also opt out of receiving a transplant if needed. If you disagree with this you are ultimately a hypocrite.

This is exactly how the system should work, if your above helping someone when your dead then your not worth saving when you might be on your way out!

What good are your organs to a bunch of earth worms or a giant Bunsen burner anyway?!
scaredpassenger1 h, 11 m ago

This is exactly how the system should work, if your above helping someone …This is exactly how the system should work, if your above helping someone when your dead then your not worth saving when you might be on your way out! What good are your organs to a bunch of earth worms or a giant Bunsen burner anyway?!

The worms really like human kidneys although can pass on the anus quite easily
jax6196 h, 36 m ago

Look at you coming on to deeky You are on about sperm aren't …Look at you coming on to deeky You are on about sperm aren't you

So crude aren't you? I obviously just meant his blood and his soul
jax6197 h, 28 m ago

Id rather die than have someone else's organ inside me

When it's a testis.
I'm currently an organ donor however I do not think it's something that should be forced on anyone, to donate certain organs you must still be alive therefore you will be on your own as you pass away in an operating theatre, not everyone is comfortable with that.
Edited by: "Mandz27" 5th Oct 2017
Segata-Sanshiro15 h, 47 m ago

Exactly. When you're dead and don't need those organs, why give someone else the chance at life? Disgusting, isn't it! Some people are just take, take, take.
Mandz271 h, 7 m ago

I'm currently an organ donor however I do not think it's something that …I'm currently an organ donor however I do not think it's something that should be forced on anyone, to donate certain organs you must still be alive therefore you will be on your own as you pass away in an operating theatre, not everyone is comfortable with that.

its not being forced on anyone. It will be very easy for anyone to opt out if they feel that strongly about it.
Mandz271 h, 9 m ago

I'm currently an organ donor however I do not think it's something that …I'm currently an organ donor however I do not think it's something that should be forced on anyone, to donate certain organs you must still be alive therefore you will be on your own as you pass away in an operating theatre, not everyone is comfortable with that.

The thing is though, it's not really being forced upon anyone is it? It can easily be opted out of.

Great minds chocci
Edited by: "deeky" 5th Oct 2017
chocci14 m ago

its not being forced on anyone. It will be very easy for anyone to opt out …its not being forced on anyone. It will be very easy for anyone to opt out if they feel that strongly about it.

deeky12 m ago

The thing is though, it's not really being forced upon anyone is it? It …The thing is though, it's not really being forced upon anyone is it? It can easily be opted out of.Great minds chocci

Granted forced is the wrong word to use but what happens to the homeless man who exists on the streets until one day he's taken into hospital and never regains consciousness, do they simply take his organs because he never opted out of something he may never know he was a part of? Or someone who always meant to opt out but just never got around to it......it feels a little uneasy to me and I do believe that it should be an opt in not out, I have opted in but if my family don't or can't face it then they have my permission to do what will help them with their grief and if that means they need to be with me when I pass then so be it.
Mandz2711 m ago

Granted forced is the wrong word to use but what happens to the homeless …Granted forced is the wrong word to use but what happens to the homeless man who exists on the streets until one day he's taken into hospital and never regains consciousness, do they simply take his organs because he never opted out of something he may never know he was a part of? Or someone who always meant to opt out but just never got around to it......it feels a little uneasy to me and I do believe that it should be an opt in not out, I have opted in but if my family don't or can't face it then they have my permission to do what will help them with their grief and if that means they need to be with me when I pass then so be it.

Granted there are always going to be grey areas. The trouble is with opt in is that, as I said in an earlier post, there are too many people who 'mean' to do it but don't get round to it. In the meantime there are people dying who could be saved, just because so and so never got off his arse and did what he knew was right.
jax6199 h, 31 m ago

Id rather die than have someone else's organ inside me

I know the feeling
deeky11 m ago

Granted there are always going to be grey areas. The trouble is with opt …Granted there are always going to be grey areas. The trouble is with opt in is that, as I said in an earlier post, there are too many people who 'mean' to do it but don't get round to it. In the meantime there are people dying who could be saved, just because so and so never got off his arse and did what he knew was right.

Agreed, I would like to see 2 lists one for those signed up and one for those not signed up, anyone from list A would get priority if needed, might encourage people to do the right thing!

I can see it from both sides, My own Mum has a condition where a lung transplant might be needed one day and the chances of a donor coming up well...but as I said if my own family can't do it I wouldn't want to make their grief any harder but I would hope that following my last wishes to become a donor (if I haven't screwed up my insides by that point!) is what brings them most comfort.
Edited by: "Mandz27" 5th Oct 2017
I strongly object!!

the state doesn't own our bodies.

i've actually pre-donated my whole body so I'm fully in favour of VOLUNTARY donations.

kcl.ac.uk/lsm…spx
Mandz273 h, 0 m ago

They only take organs from brain-dead or cardiac death patients?

If they are taking your organs you are brain dead, you might have machines keeping your tissues alive but you are dead.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants