Posted 16 July 2022

Evri did it again !! How do I contact customer service ? Only bot online?

can someone help me please?

I took a day off yesterday to be here for a delivery ( paid holiday ) expecting so many packages and needed to get stuff done at home.
the entire day of waiting and 1 dodgy driver pretended to make delivery based on the pictures he uploaded.

he's in the car, hasn't got out. did the exact same today and actually uploaded the same photo. He hasn't even bothered to change the photo that he used yesterday and three people home today.

we are on the third floor, no elevators and so he's doing that now not to use some stairs.

my package has been sent back to the retailer based on what it states on the tracking

it's all stuff from my whole day and I fly on the 19th ( evening) so extremely stressed/ annoyed that I paid for next day delivery which was an extra charge and they actually use this crap company.
now I can't get in touch with anyone there at Evri, on the tracking it state it's going back to the retailer.

any advice would be much appreciated.

it's actually sports direct. I ordered a bunch of sandals. good quality on their sale and a lot of other stuff. £80 order plus next day delivery which costs more

wouldn't have ordered if I knew they would use Evri.

anyone know how to actually contact their customer service at Evri, there is no email address on the website at all, can't even send email or any number to call.

how is that even legal as a registered service provider not allow complaints to be submitted ?
Community Updates
New Comment

119 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Your contract is with the seller, not the courier.... Give sports direct the hassle.
    Things will only change if people stop using Evri.
    I ask the retailer who they use and tell them I don't buy from companies that use Evri.
    This. If I find out a company uses Evri I stop using them.
    Would it be an option to contact the company you bought the items from rather than get involved with who they paid to deliver them ? As far as you're concerned you paid for something to be delivered to your address, your contract is with the retailer so if it hasn't turned up it's their problem to sort it out, if they can't/won't then you should get your money back.
    Author

Replying to

That is what I did exactly, it's diverted to a local locker now hopefully I get it today or tomorrow
    (Edit: i thought DPD owned hermes) so I'm assuming they own evri.
    I'd try ringing DPD and requesting to be transferred to evri if you have no other option.
    If things have changed ownership wise then ignore me. (edited)
    Have you tried 0330 808 5456? That is a number i found doing a google search, I've not used it myself.
    Yeah that's the number I use.

Screeenshot from the old Hermes website with opening hours.

47833723-1TBYF.jpg
    Email their MD, easy to find on google, worked for me!
    I concur this really works.
    So glad to hear others are boycotting evri, things go wrong of course, but it should be illegal to have no human customer service! I just searched for complaints process. A link takes you to a page that says
    , We’re sorry if our service isn’t what you’d expect from us. We want to do our best to make things right for you.

Please contact our friendly customer service team, who are available between 8am and 6pm from Monday to Saturday
    Only the link doesn't take you to any customer service! Just a crap chat bot! Spread the word, tell your seller not to use them until they take responsibility!

Does anyone know where I am actually able to get in touch with Evri? I haven’t received an update on the parcel I sent in 5 days, tried using the live chat, then I called them but the only response I received was “your parcel is delayed and should be delivery the next working day”
    Evri are terrible. Do not use them please!!!!
    I've just had a problem with a collection, for return to Amazon. To get a Human response the solution was to register with their website, then login and use the chatbot to make a complaint. You then get an incident number and an eventual human reply. Any other method just takes you round in circles.
    I think evri was hermes before, there is no surprise they HAD to change their name due to reputation. I've had parcels left in rain (full of hard drives), I use parcelforce, never had a problem, of course the strike doesn't help but for service I have not had a problem because they have depots to return stuff. Alot of evri drivers get their deliveries dumped on them (alot are basically self employed) and have nowhere to store hence they will literally deliver anywhere windowsills 2 stories up (no joke, google it, they threw the package up).

As others have said, until companies (using them solely based in price not service) stop using them, nothing will change, I will take royal mail / parcelforce (same company) any time, yes the strike doesn't help but I know a genuine delivery will be attempted and taken back to a real depot if one one in.

Sadly it shows how why evri will go the same way as hermes, same company, different name and the fact they had to change their name tells you how bad they are.

I send stuff I sell with royal mail or parcel force, problems, zero. Not saying they are perfect for everyone but I can honestly say not one issue and I post alot of stuff. Costs more but the postage cost is passed to buyer, simple.
    For anyone posting out using Evri, I highly recommend using something like Parcel2go, and booking an Evri delivery via them. It's marginally cheaper than going direct to Evri, plus you get full customer support, plus they are very quick and easy to process refund / compensation claims if Evri parcels go astray. (edited)
    Or stop being tight and actually pay to use a better courier.
    Evri and sports direct...what a combination
    There's definitely a joke in there about huge mugs...
    I feel for ya OP.
    I used to hate when I saw the word Hermes associated to an expected delivery.
    Now I hate the word Evri for the exact same reason.

Pretty much zero issues with Amazon, DPD, UPS or FedEx, they turn up 99% of the time within the timeframe they quote.
    Evri - use a different way of measuring time and date or get a bonus based upon screwing up the task of delivering packages.
    It seems to be a consistent problem across their organisation and they're not interested.

It's always a case of, will the driver turn up? Do I go out and get on with the business of getting on with life?

Evri's drivers often lie, claiming that they've attended and nobody was in, (yet magically no note is ever left) or, that they delivered, and, if the planets align, they turn up the next day and just leave it on the doorstep and deal with it that way.

Maybe they've been employed by the high street alliance of GB in the hope people will give up ordering online and shift back to going to the high street and all the agro and cost that goes along with it.

All I can suggest is going via Resolver resolver.co.uk/com…d=1
    and log a complaint (edited)
    You should write a book on this stuff mate. I would certainly buy it.
    I had an order from sports direct. the package never made it to the local delivery center.
    i contacted sports direct the custmer service agent was really helpful, the only reason i would order again. they offered a refund plus a 10% dicount code and free delivery. without giving me any hassle.
    I think it’s time to knock buying online on the head, never seems to go right for you.
    Never had a parcel from Evri until today, well I didn't as such, they say they tried to deliver but no one was in which is rubbish and I have proof from my ring camera no one attempted to deliver
    I would try Sports Direct and then failing them go to Trading Standards
    You need to contact the retailer, you have no contract with Evri. It is up to the retailer to get the goods to you.
    Complain at the place you bought the goods from.

Unfortuantly you bought from Sports Direct and they are awful too so complaining might not do much!
    This is Evri's scam: they just tell you to contact the retailer, the retailer contacts them and they probably just say 'we did our bit, not our problem anymore' and expect the retailer to refund the buyer. That's why they don't have any way of actually speaking to anyone on their website. Their Facebook page spouts the same line - 'contact the retailer'. They make NO effort! Terrible company.
    It's up to people whether they want to use Evri or not, but if you use ebay, Dont use packlink. I suspect both companies are in cahoots, as packlinks T's & C's state you cannot make a claim after 30 days which is pitiful considering evri have held onto parcels for this long over xmas.
    DON'T EVER USE EVRI !
    There is no way to talk to a human. You will lose your stuff !
    Had a miracle happen yesterday. 3-5 working day delivery took less than 48 hours.

49306852-hNZRp.jpg
    I emailed CEO and 2 weeks later it arrived.. the driver said because it was escalated it got looked into. I used the email address posted on here
    Can you explain it to me then. I'm so very tired of trying to contact EVRI to complain.
    I had the same experience with them. Albeit mine was a little different , I went to Royal mail to send a next day delivery , they were closed so went to evri point next door. This was on the 3rd . They still havent delivered it. The online bot just gives you the same status. The telephone would ask you to read the order number and then when you ask to speak to someone it would cut you off saying they are very busy and i should call later. I went to twitter and found the Evri_delivery handle which is just a twitter accounts which accumulates all customer feedback and shocking problems people have faced. They have the CEO email , i wrote to him 3 days ago and someone from support contacted me yesterday to ask for the description of my parcel. I am not sure if they will find my phone or if i will get compensation but atleast someone got in touch
    It's a tragedy that sports direct is using this service, already lost 4 items because of them.
    But but! Royal Mail are terrible and Evri are amazing! according to some people
    Honestly, avoid posting by Evri, and pray for the ones u have to receive by them.
    Ring the company concerned and or use live chat.

Talk about your complaint on twitter and contact the M.D.
    I got my missing parcel pronto. (edited)
    If you have had delivery problems before you should of got delivered to the store and picked up, might be a chore but you wouldn’t be stressed, also you would of had your stuff.

there are other shops and shops abroad I presume you could use so don’t stress enjoy your holiday. This has probably done you a favour as you don’t get good quality in sports direct, I found that statement quite funny. They do sell branded stuff but in general they normally lower tier range, ok if you just want the name..
    Author
    It was actually slower 3-7 days to pick up at store compared to extra I paid for next day delivery
    Author
    I found a redirect option on their app yesterday, I diverted to a local locker, hopefully it arrives today or tomorrow morning before I head to Heathrow in the lovely weather

The local locker is only a 2 min walk, no stairs for the driver to climb, save him having to lie for a third time as he still has the package (edited)
    Author
    There is only one phone number online? Crazy charges ? 6-7£ to speak to customer service ? Crazy scammers

Couldn't find any email or live chat support
    Do the drivers get paid for unsuccessful delivery attempts?
    Author
    I thought they are just on a salary/ hourly maybe a bonus per delivery don't know
    Author
    There is actually no customer service you can't reach anyone there as there is no live chat support or email ? How is that even allowed / possible / legal lol
    You are not Evri's customer, Sports Direct is. Sports Direct paid Evri so they have to deal with them and get the goods to you.

You need to complain at Sports Direct only.
    If I remember correctly Evri or Hermes as it used to be just employee people to work for them and deliver stuff, where I live they are pretty good really but I guess it really varies from one depot to another.
    I know someone who used to work at my local depot and he said they were all pretty good and professional but then not too many flats/high rises near me so a lot easier for them to do the deliveries.
    My guess would be that your local Evri are all at all to make it easier for themselves.... while I agree that your issue with Sports direct and whoever they are using to deliver stuff I would still be hassling Evri as most of the time you don't know who's delivering to you and you know this is going to happen again at some point sadly :-(

Good luck
    If you think that's bad, my order from Zara with Evri was supposed to be delivered on Saturday to a local Zara pick up point but at 3pm they just abandoned the delivery and today it's been marked as returned to sender.

Can't get through to Evri (as you all know) and Zara have been utterly useless. All items out of stock. Evri really do deserve their reputation.
    Same thing here with a delivery from house of fraser. 3 days the driver tried and failed to deliver apparently, even though we have been at home. Had to contact house of fraser who just said they will refund.. huge waste of time.
    Avoid purchase from anywhere that uses Evri if you have ever had issues with them.
    House of Fraser is now also owned by Sports Direct.
    12 Deliveries they have delivered to wrong house thats no where near were i live and so many lost or damaged orders. i hate this company with a vengence. i will not buy from any company that uses them ever again (edited)
    You will even unintentionally, a lot of delivery companies offload parcels to evri to lower costs.
    I’m still waiting for my delivery from Charlotte tilbury parcel no2 now gone missing !
    I was expecting a parcel today, to be delivered to my place of work, received an email earlier, "due to the bad weather in my area, my parcel will not be delivered today".! Strangely Amazon and the postman managed to get through the bad weather!!
    The worst part of this is sports direct have got to be the only place with worse customer service than Hermes. Been on at them for 12 days about a next day delivery that's still not come- apparently as a retailer they reserve the right to wait for Hermes to tell them exactly what's happening and that can take 10+ days (which already passed!)
    I when in to one of evri drop off shops called Caledonian news duart cres eh47jp I scand my parcel and then he told me that his machine wasn't working stood and watched me use the machine and didn't say anything some customer service
    So sorry OP, t really does depend on what local driver you've got, we've had the same Hermes girl for 20+ years, I have her phone number, never had an issue, she texts me, I text her, I'd use Amazon prime in your situation,track it to the Nth degree and A1 customer service, return no questions asked 30 days, buy your flip flops go on holiday and send em back for a refund.
's avatar