Expired

Ewt technologies water softener company

Found 19th Feb 2015
Anyone else had poor customer service from EWT technologies? Warning do not use this company if you are thinking of buying water softener, just my opinion.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
would also be interested as we're thinking of getting one when we get our house. Thanks
Eden do not use ewt technologies, I have had a system for two years and still have limescale. Please do your research before buying
dibbled

Anyone else had poor customer service from EWT technologies? … Anyone else had poor customer service from EWT technologies? Warning do not use this company if you are thinking of buying water softener, just my opinion.

Hi Dibbled,
I'm sorry to hear you are not happy with your system however i must point out that you did not purchase a water softening system from our company. You purchased a scale inhibiting unit which stops the limescale sticking to you elements but does not remove the limescale from your water. Our Gold range of water softening systems do however remove the limescale from your water completely. We have your details on our file and Amie in our customer care team will be in contact with you shortly to offer you a solution to your limescale query above. Thank you for your feedback.
dibbled

Eden do not use ewt technologies, I have had a system for two years and … Eden do not use ewt technologies, I have had a system for two years and still have limescale. Please do your research before buying

Thx dibbled, I think the brand I was looking at is called Kinetic (I think). Looks like you have a response from ewt, it would be interesting to see how well they respond to your problem.

Do you have the salt block softener? If so, how much is that costing you per month for the salt? How much was the unit (inc installation)? Thx
I had a saltless unit from ewt, this was costing me around 8 pounds a month for servicing. No salt required but discovered that I still had limescale after two years
dibbled

I had a saltless unit from ewt, this was costing me around 8 pounds a … I had a saltless unit from ewt, this was costing me around 8 pounds a month for servicing. No salt required but discovered that I still had limescale after two years

took you 2 years to figure that out ?

My kettle gets limescale in 5 days if I dont use filtered water (brita)
I actually did get EWT - their metered system - not that it matters which one
its cheap and does the job for limescale..... my sink and shower confirm
I dont use the soft water in the kettle though as use that water for baby feed.... and am recommended not to do so by GP.
dibbled

Eden do not use ewt technologies, I have had a system for two years and … Eden do not use ewt technologies, I have had a system for two years and still have limescale. Please do your research before buying

Its sad that you clearly don't know what you bought.
Those limescale inhibitors that work externally to the pipework are of limited use and I have sen no conclusive proof that they do anything at all - many will argue they cannot work in the way they claim.
A proper water softener uses salt as a catalyst and costs £600 upwards. The Kinetico units work on the same principle as the EWT Water Softeners and both do a great job - with different features.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants