Groups

Ewwwww!! Crocodile anyone?

Apologies if crocodile is a delicacy to anyone but..eww?? Also a very random thing to sell on such a site!? Link in next post..

26 Comments

Original Poster

link?

EDIT: sorry being too impatient :oops:

Original Poster

Hold yer horses! Lol

Oh dear. :-( (HUKD'ers don't like food that's "Not from 'round 'ere)

Original Poster

thesaint;2562272

Original Poster

do you think its really crocodile?

Sorry, you obviously missed the mass debate yesterday.

You can delete your previous post by selecting edit, then delete.

Original Poster

oh yep i must have!

thesaint;2562272

:lol: may be you should let blackgerbil1 know about this as he'd probably want to try it :whistling:

I bet there's a Chinese or Thailand HUKD where there is another thread saying

EWWWWWW.... Chicken Anyone? in chinese

It's just different cultures

Original Poster

frollickingfrill;2562305

I bet there's a Chinese or Thailand HUKD where there is another thread … I bet there's a Chinese or Thailand HUKD where there is another thread saying EWWWWWW.... Chicken Anyone? in chineseIt's just different cultures

Haha i totally agree! It may be very nice, but i find it slightly strange lol

frollickingfrill;2562305

I bet there's a Chinese or Thailand HUKD where there is another thread … I bet there's a Chinese or Thailand HUKD where there is another thread saying

Surely it would be HCD or HTD ?:thinking:

thesaint;2562272

lol.

blueelephant.com/lon…tml
    you can eat croc here, cant wait next time I hit london

Original Poster

black gerbil1;2562344

lol.http://www.blueelephant.com/london/index.htmlyou can eat croc here, … lol.http://www.blueelephant.com/london/index.htmlyou can eat croc here, cant wait next time I hit london

Is that what the mass debate was about?? i missed that apparantly lol

clarelouise25;2562349

Is that what the mass debate was about?? i missed that apparantly lol

No crocs are fine, as they are not loyal.

Crock is great to eat had it several times would recommend you try it before you comment on whether or not its good bad or ugly .. :-D

GoDutchGo;2562423

Crock is great to eat had it several times would recommend you try it … Crock is great to eat had it several times would recommend you try it before you comment on whether or not its good bad or ugly .. :-D

you making me want to eat it even more now. NOM NOM NOM:-D

black gerbil1;2562436

you making me want to eat it even more now. NOM NOM NOM:-D

The belly is the best bit ...

Original Poster

GoDutchGo;2562423

Crock is great to eat had it several times would recommend you try it … Crock is great to eat had it several times would recommend you try it before you comment on whether or not its good bad or ugly .. :-D

I did say before, it may be very nice! Does it taste similar to anything?

clarelouise25;2562458

I did say before, it may be very nice! Does it taste similar to anything?

I heard Alligator.

About Crocodile Meat

Crocodile is a white meat and its nutritional composition compares favourably with that of more traditional meats. It does tend to have a slightly higher cholesterol level than other meats.

Crocodile meat has a delicate flavour and its taste can often be covered by the use of strong marinades. The fat should be trimmed, as it has an unpleasant taste.

Crocodile meat is low in fat and high in protein.
    The choicest cuts of meat are the back-strap and tail fillet.

How to Cook Crocodile Meat

Crocodile is easy to prepare and cook. It is best cooked frozen as during any thawing process all the meat juices run out and the flavour is lost. It should be cooked for two minutes on either side and then allowed to stand for a few minutes. It is best served just cooked (in red meat terms, medium-rare). Do not use a large number of ingredients (other than herbs or spices) – no more than three is recommended. If frying, always use butter or olive oil as they will not impact a flavour that is unique or different. Do not use margarine as the hydrogenated fats can impact an unpleasant flavour and prevent you from using other dairy products such as cream in the recipe. Keep it plain and simple.

Yum Yum

I've eaten crocodile in a hotel in Quatar and it was actually very nice. Has a very fishy taste, like a strong cod i guess, quite a tender meat although. Crocodile is very lean and doesnt tend to have much meat on the bone. If you like fish im sure you will be happy to eat this, if you dont like fish i wouldnt even try it.

BFM

I would eat crocodile, amongst many other animals.
    Nothing wrong with it, all it is is an animal from another part of the world.

Made me shudder reading that lol

Banned

I'd eat crocodile.....gotta try new things (couldnt do Dog though BG!)...

I have eaten Kangaroo a fair few times at Walkabout pubs and its absloutely amazing stuff and really healthy too, compared to other meats...I really recommend it....

Also have a look at ]edible.com I recommend the Scorpion and Mealworm crisps

Ostrich is rather nice, as is kangaroo as ODB said.

Dog would be one to try, as would Whale.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767252
      2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40214
      3. Quidco and new IPAD 'Prevent Cross-Site Tracking'11
      4. word association Game73944481

See more discussions