Ex friend broke my phone and won't fix it.

Found 22nd Nov 2017
right, my mate broke my phone gets it repaired at a shop, I'm not sure what. I believe the fingerprint sensor. They can't repair it. at all.

now apparently, he got his other close mate, to repair it. the screen.so he apparently it gete fixed the screen. but then the mate who repaired it, drops it and smashes it. the screen he used was proper cheap/ tacky.

now both of them are refusing to get it fixed. he says I'm not paying £50 again. So the fingerprint sensor is broken. and needs another iPhone 5s to fully work. which he refuses. they've said it's a small crack, emotionally blackmailing. bringing up irrelevant past. to make me let it go.

as far as I understand it was in his ppossession and he won't pay for it. admits it.

Is there anyway I can make him get it replaced fixed?

tia.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments

Tell his Mum

On a similar note my wife says shes leaving me if i dont stop being so childish. If she keeps this up shes not getting the password to my new secret den

Nick his satchel and conkers .

Chinese burn?
28 Comments

Tell his Mum

Nick his satchel and conkers .

Funniest thing I have read in a while, thank you.

Eh?

Sorry but your English/grammar/explanation is awful. Really can’t understand what you’re trying to say.

How do you expect decent advice when you’ve not explained the situation properly at all?

I don’t mean to have a go and I’m sure you’re quite annoyed at the situation but the way you’ve put the story across makes it sound just like that.. a story.

On a similar note my wife says shes leaving me if i dont stop being so childish. If she keeps this up shes not getting the password to my new secret den

Chinese burn?

You will have to take it as a lesson learnt, at least now you have a reason to never lend him anything again, next time say f*** no, last time I lent you something you gave it back broken.

You should get less clumsy friends.

I read that & see ' threesome'

I think that'll sort it out

Has anyone really been far even as decided to go even want to do look more like?

Take him on a trip to the Judge Rinder court.

He will tear him a new one!
Edited by: "karlypants" 23rd Nov 2017

karlypants15 m ago

Take him on a trip to the Judge Rinder court.He will tear him a new one!

I bet he will

Judge Rinder:
Call 09011 22 33 44 OR e-mail: judge@itv.com

Jeremy Kyle:
Call 0161 952 0464 OR email: talk@itv.com

if i understand correctly, and this is difficult as your post is not exactly comprehensible, your friend broke your phone and said that he would fix it, but he got another friend to do so, and the repair has not worked so he has refused point blank to pay for another repair, so you want to know if there is any way you can force your friend to pay for the damage?

the answer is only if you have proof that he broke your phone and you would have to take him to court to claim compensation. as he was your friend, i would just write it off and move on, but the court route is the legitimate action.

Original Poster

mutley11 h, 21 m ago

if i understand correctly, and this is difficult as your post is not …if i understand correctly, and this is difficult as your post is not exactly comprehensible, your friend broke your phone and said that he would fix it, but he got another friend to do so, and the repair has not worked so he has refused point blank to pay for another repair, so you want to know if there is any way you can force your friend to pay for the damage?the answer is only if you have proof that he broke your phone and you would have to take him to court to claim compensation. as he was your friend, i would just write it off and move on, but the court route is the legitimate action.

Yeah. civil court, it's not about the money tbh at all. I can prove it. I've read someone the template costs £30. Have you any idea about this?

NewUser5433 h, 26 m ago

Yeah. civil court, it's not about the money tbh at all. I can prove it. …Yeah. civil court, it's not about the money tbh at all. I can prove it. I've read someone the template costs £30. Have you any idea about this?

If it is about principle, then you can sue him for damage. To take out a small claims court is very easy. You just fill a simple form online to explain why you are suing and pay the small fee. The court issues a summons to the defendant to ask for payment. The defendant can defend his case and you both may have to appear in court and show proof to support your case.

you should write to him first to formally give him warning that if he does not do the repair within a certain amount of time, you will get the repair done yourself and lodge a small claims case against him to claim the cost of the repair together with the claim fee. Most people will get very scared when they receive the court summons and will cough up without further fuss, as they dont want to attend court and incur further costs if they know they are in the wrong.

you will get your claim fee back when the court sends the summon to your friend, as it will ask him to pay you the costs of the repair as well as the claims fee. He can defend his case, but he wont want to, if he knows he will lose any way

Even if you win a case, you've still got to get the money from your ex friend.
just buy a preowned one off eBay or take the opportunity to upgrade now.

Original Poster

Toptrumpet23rd Nov

Even if you win a case, you've still got to get the money from your ex …Even if you win a case, you've still got to get the money from your ex friend.just buy a preowned one off eBay or take the opportunity to upgrade now.

That's not the point, I don't need that phone. It's the principal.

Original Poster

mutley123rd Nov

If it is about principle, then you can sue him for damage. To take out a …If it is about principle, then you can sue him for damage. To take out a small claims court is very easy. You just fill a simple form online to explain why you are suing and pay the small fee. The court issues a summons to the defendant to ask for payment. The defendant can defend his case and you both may have to appear in court and show proof to support your case.you should write to him first to formally give him warning that if he does not do the repair within a certain amount of time, you will get the repair done yourself and lodge a small claims case against him to claim the cost of the repair together with the claim fee. Most people will get very scared when they receive the court summons and will cough up without further fuss, as they dont want to attend court and incur further costs if they know they are in the wrong.you will get your claim fee back when the court sends the summon to your friend, as it will ask him to pay you the costs of the repair as well as the claims fee. He can defend his case, but he wont want to, if he knows he will lose any way

Right, so I've given him till the 15th of January as he'll said he'll source an replacement. The original one can't be fully repaired as the fingerprint sensor can't be fixed.

I've looked at the form for small claims, I'm not sure what option do I pick as it's only for money owed claims?

You should take them on the Jeremy Kyle show or that judge thing! Let us know and we can all come along and support you. 😏
Edited by: "Moonwolf1976" 8th Dec 2017

Original Poster

Moonwolf197611 m ago

You should take them on the Jeremy Kyle show or that judge thing! Let us …You should take them on the Jeremy Kyle show or that judge thing! Let us know and we can all come along and support you. 😏

made me laugh quite abit

NewUser5438 h, 29 m ago

Right, so I've given him till the 15th of January as he'll said he'll …Right, so I've given him till the 15th of January as he'll said he'll source an replacement. The original one can't be fully repaired as the fingerprint sensor can't be fixed. I've looked at the form for small claims, I'm not sure what option do I pick as it's only for money owed claims?

sounds like he is taking this seriously so you may not have to lodge the claim. link below to lodge claim online. i did it before for money owed and it was very simple. the bloke coughed up as soon as he received the court summons as he was in the wrong and knew he would just end up paying more if he waits to go to court as the court awards 8% pa interest on the money owed from the original date it was owed to the court summons date or court judgement date if the defendant waits to go to court.

gov.uk/mak…ine

if the phone can not be repaired then you can lodge a claim for replacement but you will need a report from a reputable dealer to state this and how much an equivalent replacement would cost. court judges work on factual evidence and not judgement so he will only allow a claim of the partial replacement as your phone is not brand new and you can only claim for what will put you back in the same position before the damage. that is, you can not profit from a claim.

NewUser54318 h, 1 m ago

Right, so I've given him till the 15th of January as he'll said he'll …Right, so I've given him till the 15th of January as he'll said he'll source an replacement. The original one can't be fully repaired as the fingerprint sensor can't be fixed. I've looked at the form for small claims, I'm not sure what option do I pick as it's only for money owed claims?

I would have thought that you could get the finger print sensor fixed if you took the phone to an Apple Store?

More costly but you would get the phone back in fully working order!

Why settle for a 3rd party fix that cannot repair the phone 100%?
Edited by: "karlypants" 8th Dec 2017

Original Poster

karlypants59 m ago

I would have thought that you could get the finger print sensor fixed if …I would have thought that you could get the finger print sensor fixed if you took the phone to an Apple Store?More costly but you would get the phone back in fully working order!Why settle for a 3rd party fix that cannot repair the phone 100%?

Not sure how Apple works with it being out of Warranty. I don't think I can now as I've given him until 15th of January lol.

If nothing else you could see it as paying £50 to find out someone you thought your friend is not. That realistion could have cost a lot more.

NewUser5438th Dec 2017

Any update now the deadline has been reached....

unreality8th Dec 2017

If nothing else you could see it as paying £50 to find out someone you …If nothing else you could see it as paying £50 to find out someone you thought your friend is not. That realistion could have cost a lot more.

Aye it was all sorted out the mate bought him a new phone but unfortunately the op pooped himself on the bus on the way to collect it so were back to square one unfortunately
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants