Found 19th Jan 2010
Thinking of getting an ex police car. Its an peugeot 307, 02 plate with 70,000 with a diesel 1.4 engine. Thinking of getting it for my daughter as a first car. How much do you reckon it will be? (its in a auction with loads more ex police cars) With there be holes and missing equipment?

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
23 Comments

probably the best maintained second hand cars you can buy tbh.

Police cars are the best cars you can buy, Well serviced, well looked after, ( better still if you can buy it with the flashy lights and paintwork They go on average more than a civilian car but could not give you a price, Good luck

will have been well serviced but also been hammered chasing little bas***d joyriders

Watch Road Wars etc - notice the art of taking speedbumps at 50, reversing at 30 for ages and general kerbage + abuse. Plus consider all the damage removing the Police equipment will have done...

Serviced a lot, yes, but it needed it!

Expect holes on the roof and also the interior dashboard, but that said there are some bargains to be had with ex police cars.

its an urbun myth, there not serviced like they used to years ago , everything is done to keep costs down ,as for being more than a similar civilian car , youd have to be mad to pay more , there will be a few holes where equipment went , but depends what they were used the car for , they used to be called zippers

Best maintained but worst driven. I'd not touch one myself.

Ive got the same car 02 307 1.4 (Hdi) its 50-60mpg and £35 a year tax

Original Poster

splatsplatsplat;7594029

Ive got the same car 02 307 1.4 (Hdi) its 50-60mpg and £35 a year tax

How much did it cost you please?

I personally wouldn't buy an ex Police car ever considering the way they are hammered on a daily basis. They will have visited garages regularly, but not just for services, as they are always breaking down cause of the way they are driven.

we bought an ex police car just over 2 years ago (ford focus 02 plate) it had a couple of holes in the dash where the radio was but that was easily fixed.. Car has been fab the only thing that remains is on the back windscreen where they had the stickers you can still see where they were but only if you look closely...

no no no dont do it , if it was a ex police traffic car then maybe best serviced. But a 1.4 run around used by a shift somewhere will be well broken in and probably a heep.

It's French...

Dont do it! It will be thrashed to the extreme, yes they will be serviced but no amount of service will make up for the way it has been driven

Banned

exactly thrashed its tits off..
Where are you looking for this auction?
You got a link?

I've got an ex police car. It was tatty but for £1500 less than all the others I had seen with the same milage I was happy with it. Expect to spend a little bit on tidying it up cosmetically and it should be fine especially as it is a diesel

I knew someone who bought an ex police car , it was an Volvo estate . V70 I think it was , very fast it was too , he said .........................but it had a strong smell of pork .............when he first sat in it !

I used to work at a car auction where they help Police sales.
The cars vary in condition depending on what they were used for. Some are undercover cars etc.
Check the interior roof lining, may be lots of holes.
Usually just holes where the cameras and phones go.........
Will be very well maintained though ..

Where do you find out where the auctions for these cars are?

thesaint;7594344

It's French...

/thread

If you do buy and anyone asks why you can always say

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas

gari189;7596613

If you do buy and anyone asks why you can always say It's got a cop … If you do buy and anyone asks why you can always say It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas

And look how that ended... :lol:

A family friend bought a 307 ex cop car. Had holes in the dashboard also gearbox wasnt smooth , felt like it had been trashed and as above its french , it encountered one problem which led to another 5. Would never recommend one.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247681
    2. The Walking Dead Thread (opinion, spoilers Rumors)74574
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming3358
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769661

See more discussions