Groups

Ex SAS soldier gives advice on fighting a knife attacker

As the title says. Worth a read. Another thing to remember is to take a note of exits when you enter a strange or new building.

msn.com/en-…913

16 Comments

"The Independent" ran this story three days ago as well.

Original Poster

I never saw that but it sends like common sense advice to me.

good post!

I had to go on a Run, Hide Fight, active shooting training course earlier this year when working at a US university. Was very interesting and sobering.

Brings to mind this from my childhood...
    https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/qUsAAOSwhQhY4QOQ/s-l225.jpg

I'm buying shares in knife proof vests companies.

airfix

I'm buying shares in knife proof vests companies.

I'll take a stab in the dark and say we'll see some cut prices on knife proof vest deals in the coming weeks here on hukd.

Banned

Just shout "eff off, I'm millwall" and go wading in.

Stuff like this is already taught in the USA..

cnn.com/201…tml

Sad times when a 3 year old does it at home..
    Edited by: "Dawsy" 8th Jun

fanpages

"The Independent" ran this story three days ago as well.

mrty

I never saw that but it sends like common sense advice to me.

If (& only if) you are with a like-minded group & have the time to plan a counter-attack, &/or objects to hand to distract the oncoming onslaught.

It is possible to disarm somebody with a knife (with suitable training), but there is, of course, a higher chance of sustaining an injury doing so. A blade introduced into a conflict situation means somebody will be cut.

There is an advantage knowing that an assailant is coming towards you with a knife, with the intention of using it.

As I said in the main (recent) London attack thread, anybody skilled with a bladed weapon, would conceal it (in their clothing, down the length of their arm or hand, behind their leg, or similar cover), & you would never see the attack coming.

delusion

I'll take a stab in the dark and say we'll see some cut prices on knife … I'll take a stab in the dark and say we'll see some cut prices on knife proof vest deals in the coming weeks here on hukd.

​like this
    anchorsupplies.com/bod…tml

On the news a taxi driver witnessed the van crashing and 3 people getting out and started stabbing, I did wonder why the taxi driver didnt lock his doors and floor the car at them, best weapon around until the rozzers come. I know it would take some guts but I'd rather use my car than splashing a pint or throwing forks as that link suggests.

splatsplatsplat

On the news a taxi driver witnessed the van crashing and 3 people getting … On the news a taxi driver witnessed the van crashing and 3 people getting out and started stabbing, I did wonder why the taxi driver didnt lock his doors and floor the car at them, best weapon around until the rozzers come. I know it would take some guts but I'd rather use my car than splashing a pint or throwing forks as that link suggests.

​it would take a massive amount of courage to drive straight at someone who appears to be wearing a bomb vest

splatsplatsplat

On the news a taxi driver witnessed the van crashing and 3 people … On the news a taxi driver witnessed the van crashing and 3 people getting out and started stabbing, I did wonder why the taxi driver didnt lock his doors and floor the car at them, best weapon around until the rozzers come. I know it would take some guts but I'd rather use my car than splashing a pint or throwing forks as that link suggests.

Th30r1g1nal

it would take a massive amount of courage to drive straight at someone … it would take a massive amount of courage to drive straight at someone who appears to be wearing a bomb vest

Can you imagine the outcome if the taxi had hit the van & the make-shift petrol bombs/'molotovs' ignited during the carnage... & the bomb vests were real?

splatsplatsplat

On the news a taxi driver witnessed the van crashing and 3 people getting … On the news a taxi driver witnessed the van crashing and 3 people getting out and started stabbing, I did wonder why the taxi driver didnt lock his doors and floor the car at them, best weapon around until the rozzers come. I know it would take some guts but I'd rather use my car than splashing a pint or throwing forks as that link suggests.

Didn't the terrorist scum immediately start attacking people after they jumped out of the van? If so, how could you run them down without hitting innocent victims?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764487
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …57103
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2440
      4. Can i return jewellery to Argos? + quick rep98

See more discussions