Found 10th May 2009
I have a general studies exam tomorrow, but what the hell is general studies?

How do you go about answering the questions?

LOL @ general studies

Any tips?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
46 Comments

omg ur back!

magicbeans;5176766

omg ur back!

Shame

Banned

Nah i dont, but Goodluck

I also have GS tomorrow.

The most boring subject. Ever.

Banned

emasu;5176774

I also have GS tomorrow.The most boring subject. Ever.

Good luck mate

Banned

It's a load of balls. I got an E, but I'm still at a very good University. You have one paper on politics and a paper with multiple choice maths and science style questions.

dean3988;5176769

Shame

+1

Just when you'd thought (hoped) he was gone forever..

He comes back

JFK=herpes... :-D

we dont do GS anymore, thats cool

emasu;5176774

I also have GS tomorrow.The most boring subject. Ever.

yeh good luck

srsly ...i got a B in GS

u cant revise for it.

grex9101;5176784

+1Just when you'd thought (hoped) he was gone forever..He comes … +1Just when you'd thought (hoped) he was gone forever..He comes backJFK=herpes... :-D

+1

just make up the answers.......

I have this exam tomorrow aswell, no idea what to do.

phatboy123;5176795

just make up the answers.......

Im sure with him earning 80k a year, and driving his beemer, it wont matter :roll:

I got an A in G/S

Questions on types of Architecture, Geography, (I remember having to identify what an island was called, and it was Anglesea) and the rest was forgettable.

Banned

psl, the man that knows everything, surprised you even need to attend a school let alone sit an exam

bribe everyone involved?

dean3988;5176801

Im sure with him earning 80k a year, and driving his beemer, it wont … Im sure with him earning 80k a year, and driving his beemer, it wont matter :roll:

That's the thing, he had the chance to own up to all his lies a few days ago, but he bottled it.

JFK=no cojones. (and copious amounts of lies)

Original Poster

I have never sat a mock general studies exam or had a proper general studies lesson so LOL.

guess?!:thumbsup:

grex9101;5176835

That's the thing, he had the chance to own up to all his lies a few days … That's the thing, he had the chance to own up to all his lies a few days ago, but he bottled it.JFK=no cojones. (and copious amounts of lies)

dean3988;5176769

Shame

You complain when he made threads about making 80k or whatever and then the minute he starts a decent normal thread you try to bring it up...get over it why do you need him to admit it was a lie. Internet = serious business.

Good luck emasu and JFK

cbryanp;5176926

why do you need him to admit it was a lie.

Because silly little boys need to grow up. :thumbsup:

grex9101;5176951

Because silly little boys need to grow up. :thumbsup:

Is that what he is doing by stopping making threads about it...:?

cbryanp;5176953

Is that what he is doing by stopping making threads about it...:?

He STILL needs to admit he's a liar and apologise.

Without that, every single thread he creates is potentially created to troll.

Those who cry wolf and all that.

magicbeans;5176766

omg ur back!

dean3988;5176769

Shame

grex9101;5176784

+1Just when you'd thought (hoped) he was gone forever..He comes … +1Just when you'd thought (hoped) he was gone forever..He comes backJFK=herpes... :-D

dean3988;5176801

Im sure with him earning 80k a year, and driving his beemer, it wont … Im sure with him earning 80k a year, and driving his beemer, it wont matter :roll:

raptorcigs;5176834

IS YOUR RIGHT HAND HAIRY?[QUOTE=grex9101;5176951]Because silly little boys … IS YOUR RIGHT HAND HAIRY?[QUOTE=grex9101;5176951]Because silly little boys need to grow up. :thumbsup:

Now look what you've all done.

He's got all upset, and logged off, and gone to bed.

Mind you, it is a bit late on a school night for the ..............

grex9101;5176961

He STILL needs to admit he's a liar and apologise.Without that, every … He STILL needs to admit he's a liar and apologise.Without that, every single thread he creates is potentially created to troll.Those who cry wolf and all that.

Each to their own I suppose. Forgive and forget, give the benefit of the doubt is my philosphy. Its not liike he murdered someone...

cbryanp;5176982

Each to their own I suppose. Forgive and forget, give the benefit of the … Each to their own I suppose. Forgive and forget, give the benefit of the doubt is my philosphy. Its not liike he murdered someone...

I think you're in the minority with this one.

cbryanp;5176982

Each to their own I suppose. Forgive and forget, give the benefit of the … Each to their own I suppose. Forgive and forget, give the benefit of the doubt is my philosphy. Its not liike he murdered someone...

+1

Banned

cbryanp;5176982

grex9101;5177001

I think you're in the minority with this one.

wait till it's your thread he trolls :thumbsup:

I got an A in general studies, I remember keeping on top of the news that week and although it wasn't directly related my mind was full of the political vocab to get me through and say what i have to say.

Just choose a topic you know something about or can say good things about, bring it back to the positives all the time and show how you will be a good citizen. al the things GS are really.

Original Poster

Thanks for the bits of advice everyone, and thanks to the people wishing me luck.

I'm not too bothered about the exam tomorrow, not nervous at all, need to do a lot of work before my other exams, mind.

we didnt have any lessons on it but they put us in for the paper anyway!! managed to get a B somehow!! Its just general knowledge and being able to write constructively. In our paper we were asked questions on maths, english, art etc.... Wasnt the sort you could revise for!!

mod

Watch the news in the morning. Listen to Radio 5 before you go to bed. Have an opinion, and be able to back it up. That's about it JFK

Original Poster

andywedge;5177073

Watch the news in the morning. Listen to Radio 5 before you go to bed. … Watch the news in the morning. Listen to Radio 5 before you go to bed. Have an opinion, and be able to back it up. That's about it JFK

Cheers.

I've just looked at some previous exam questions and one was "What is your opinion regarding electric fences?".

:?

The JFK;5177124

I've just looked at some previous exam questions and one was "What is … I've just looked at some previous exam questions and one was "What is your opinion regarding electric fences?".

Don't whizz on them :thumbsup:

andywedge;5177073

Watch the news in the morning.

I do that anyway.

andywedge;5177073

Listen to Radio 5 before you go to bed.

Fighting Talk is awesome.

andywedge;5177073

Have an opinion, and be able to back it up.

I can do that. However.

I got a D in the GS mock.

Ooo err.

No idea what general studies is, I think it was brought in after my GCSE's - sounds like a waste of a subject (Even worse than short-course R.E rofl).

Is that the extra grade subject for D.A Science?

Banned

should you not know what the subject is before now, seeing as you are about to sit an exam on it?

muppet

Banned

My littlun is just sitting his SATs this week like the OP.

Jelly and ice cream all round if they do well. :thumbsup:

H_K;5177023

wait till it's your thread he trolls :thumbsup:I got an A in general … wait till it's your thread he trolls :thumbsup:I got an A in general studies, I remember keeping on top of the news that week and although it wasn't directly related my mind was full of the political vocab to get me through and say what i have to say.Just choose a topic you know something about or can say good things about, bring it back to the positives all the time and show how you will be a good citizen. al the things GS are really.

I don't think he has a hope in hell of passing then, does he?!!! :whistling:

guv;5179351

My littlun is just sitting his SATs this week like the OP. Jelly and ice … My littlun is just sitting his SATs this week like the OP. Jelly and ice cream all round if they do well. :thumbsup:

lolz

JFK, can you really call a colouring competition an "exam"?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4075
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769478
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2455
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604812

See more discussions