Excel assistance

Found 7th Dec 2017
Hi,

I could do with a cell that will show "Yes" for a week and not the following week but the week after it needs to. so it's shown every 2 weeks.

this current week would be a Yes

thanks in advance for your help.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Add in Week Numbers against the weeks. Then use the below (just swap around the Yes/No return values to whichever way around you need it)

32666846-DTiiF.jpg

You can convert a Date to a weeknumber like below.
32666846-AUbLo.jpg
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 7th Dec 2017
Do you have an example of how your weeks are set out on the spreadsheet? It's a fairly easy task to do and in multiple ways but without your setup it's hard to offer which solution would be best!
For example the formula =WEEKNUM(TODAY()) will give you the current week number. You say today is a "yes" week - so are all odd numbered weeks going to be "yes"? If so you could use this formula =IF(ISODD(WEEKNUM(TODAY())),"Yes","No")
I have no weeks on the spreadsheet, The only thing I have is todays date and the name of the day these are auto populated once you open the doc.

The sheet I have is keep a till / cash log. However I need to order change once every 2 weeks so need a reminder build in to do so.

Weeks for us start on a Sunday and we are currently on our week 10. I would ideally like to continue to use the sheet for many many years without having have a long list of weeks or having to change them.
meclive3 h, 43 m ago

For example the formula =WEEKNUM(TODAY()) will give you the current week …For example the formula =WEEKNUM(TODAY()) will give you the current week number. You say today is a "yes" week - so are all odd numbered weeks going to be "yes"? If so you could use this formula =IF(ISODD(WEEKNUM(TODAY())),"Yes","No")

I will have a play with this. Thanks

EDIT: Some reason I get an error using that code, Could be because its open office calc im using. However using those formulas and a bit of tweeking it appears I have got it to work.

Many thanks really appreciate it.
Edited by: "ch7leach" 7th Dec 2017
No problem. Good luck!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants