Groups
    EXPIRED

Excel Help please (again)

Thanks to everyone who helped me yesterday but sadly i've come across another problem.

How can I show time deficit? i.e, 3:00 - 4:30 should be -1:30 but instead it shows ########

many thanks

7 Comments

Try putting capital O in instead of the number 0

Original Poster

thanks but the numbers are automatically inserted using the formula {hh}:mm and it's the deficit difference between them that I need to find.

Is the box wide enough to show the number? I have seen sometimes, if its not big enough you may get that...

In Options change to the 1904 data system works a treat then

Original Poster

birdyboyuk - lol, tried that one. Apparently date and time function automatically go to ####### if it's a minus
    Edited by: "mrsj2008" 5th Oct 2010

Original Poster

coddfather - you've saved me twice this week, thank you soooooooooooo much

coddfather2 people like this

In Options change to the 1904 data system works a treat then

Wow handy, I didn';t know that. I always used a formula such as

IF(A1-B1
    to show the hours negatively and then use a hidden column to do the arithmetic

Here have some rep.. Oops sorry forgot it's been taken away (_;) never mind repped you in my hed

Edited by: "trog0" 6th Oct 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …147348
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764524
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1742
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523414

See more discussions