Groups

Excel Help: Urgent

I have a little excel query and need some help.

I have 3 cells, say A, B & C (A & B have figures in ie: costs, and C has either Y for Yes or N for No)

I need to write a formula, to add together cells A & B and then C (but this obviously the total will differ if Column C displays Y or N

Can anyone help please me

11 Comments

You really need to do an excel training course :whistling:

Banned

makes no sense whatsoever to me

add together cells A & B and then C (but this obviously the total will differ if Column C displays Y or N

I dont quite get you....if A & B have values in them and C just has a Y or a N...then how can you add the 3 together?

You have to use an if statement I think, check if C is yes, then add some value, else, add some other value. How you do it in excel I don't know. Might be helpful free-training-tutorial.com/if-…tml

Original Poster

InfernoZeus;8532224

You have to use an if statement I think, check if C is yes, then add some … You have to use an if statement I think, check if C is yes, then add some value, else, add some other value. How you do it in excel I don't know. Might be helpful http://www.free-training-tutorial.com/if-statement.html

thats what I thought

Abz;8532204

I dont quite get you....if A & B have values in them and C just has a Y … I dont quite get you....if A & B have values in them and C just has a Y or a N...then how can you add the 3 together?

thats what i mean

A = £12
    B = £18
    C = Y / N (If Y, then I need to add £6, if N then I need to add ZERO)

Wow excel it's been a while, i'm presuming you can still use vb.net so could you not do something like

=IF( A3 != N,"A1+A2")

=A+B+if(C="Y",6,0)

Banned

chri1143;8532246

=A+B+if(C="Y",6,0)

:thumbsup:

Disco;8532230

thats what I thought thats what i meanA = £12B = £18C = Y / N (If Y, then … thats what I thought thats what i meanA = £12B = £18C = Y / N (If Y, then I need to add £6, if N then I need to add ZERO)

you answered your own question....

the key word being IF

So you need to put an IF statement in

Original Poster

chri1143;8532246

=A+B+if(C="Y",6,0)

sorted :thumbsup:

Got it:-D

=IF(C1 = "Y",SUM(A1:B1))

Edit.. Oh well too late
    Post a comment
    @