Groups

Excess on home insurance claim

Hi,
    This may seem like a silly question but if you put a claim on your home insurance and its clearly your neighbours fault (Their water pipe caused damage to your property) then who pays the excess on your home insurance claim?

7 Comments

You do, however, you can claim on there insurance under there excess.

Tell your insurance company got will not be of of pocket one penny die to a 3rd party fault. Tell them to claim the excess from the neighbour.

Also make sure the claim is not registered by your ins co as your claim a this will increase future premiums

its recorded anyways...just in case of complications e.g. further work required.

sowotsdis

Also make sure the claim is not registered by your ins co as your claim a … Also make sure the claim is not registered by your ins co as your claim a this will increase future premiums

Excuse me? oO oO

artnada

Tell your insurance company got will not be of of pocket one penny die to … Tell your insurance company got will not be of of pocket one penny die to a 3rd party fault. Tell them to claim the excess from the neighbour.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone,
    From the sounds of it if i tell my insurance company about the issue and ask them to claim the excess from my neighbours i should be ok......of course we need to proof its the neighbours at fault

Splodger101

Excuse me? oOoO

Sorry. lol bloody autospell in the mobile app. Goes crazy sometimes.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Bet365 Free In Play Bet £25 Chelsea Vs Tottenham24
      2. French polisher out to smooth the floor11
      3. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz67
      4. Mcdonalds fizzy drinks not working57

See more discussions