Groups

Exchange rate euros

How do I find out the currency rate in spain to exchange gbp to euros, and compare it to exchanging it here? as if I exchange my money there I should get more out of it.

12 Comments

[url]www.xe.com/ucc[/url] that the one i use mate

I always change my sterling at the resort, you always get a better rate.

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;5784248

I always change my sterling at the resort, you always get a better rate.

+1 :thumbsup:

Banned

not neccesarily at the resort but yeah i agree take cash with you as you get a better rate there and no fees for withdrawing and converting at atms

Banned

i generally load up a nationwide flexaccount with sterling and use that card at atms as its only 1 of a couple that dont charge fees. abbey zero being the other I believe.

and ALWAYS select the withdrawal to be conducted in Euros otherwise the ATMs bank wil do the exchange for you if you select Sterling. and it wont be a good rate!

Banned

csiman;5784330

i generally load up a nationwide flexaccount with sterling and use that … i generally load up a nationwide flexaccount with sterling and use that card at atms as its only 1 of a couple that dont charge fees. abbey zero being the other I believe.and ALWAYS select the withdrawal to be conducted in Euros otherwise the ATMs bank wil do the exchange for you if you select Sterling. and it wont be a good rate!

eh?

didnt realise you could withdraw sterling while abroad?:?

csiman;5784330

i generally load up a nationwide flexaccount with sterling and use that … i generally load up a nationwide flexaccount with sterling and use that card at atms as its only 1 of a couple that dont charge fees. abbey zero being the other I believe.and ALWAYS select the withdrawal to be conducted in Euros otherwise the ATMs bank wil do the exchange for you if you select Sterling. and it wont be a good rate!

Good advice, and you will always get a better rate than changing " in resort "..You need to be careful changing money in Spain, some places have high headline rates but give far less for any exchanges under about £30.000 ...always in very small print of course.

I've always got far better rates for changing in resort, usually at beer/tobacco sellers I take a wad of sterling and change as I go, the rate can veary daily but It can anywhere. I take my CC for emergencies. I've never used a cash machine on holiday.

csiman;5784330

+1

Nationwide Flexaccount all the way:thumbsup:

Banned

dcx_badass;5784765

You can't, but you can choose to be charged in euros or sterling on some … You can't, but you can choose to be charged in euros or sterling on some machines.

fair enugh, just never come across that in the 64 countries ive travelled:?

Banned

casparwhite;5785505

fair enugh, just never come across that in the 64 countries ive … fair enugh, just never come across that in the 64 countries ive travelled:?

its quite a recent thing I believe. Noticed it on my last visits to Spain and Crete.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285989
      2. Your dream gaming set up?2659
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846322
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1841

See more discussions