Exchange Rate - pounds to euros

Found 19th Aug 2009
im going to be changing some pounds for euros this week, anyone have any idea where i can get best deal or any tips, thanks a lot

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
18 Comments

personally i only use thomson or first choice as you can pay £3.50 so when u come bk with loads of currency they will give u the same exchange rate as you paid, it is only for the first 200 or 250, which they dont tell u about, and which we found out in april.

I always have found Travelex to give best rates, also u can order on line, collect @ airport.
travelex.co.uk/uk/

Nationwide Flexaccount...use the card in an ATM overseas .. :thumbsup:

Banned

Inactive;6063740

Nationwide Flexaccount...use the card in an ATM overseas .. :thumbsup:

why?

its not free anymore is it

thought that santander/abbey account was the 1 to have these days for free transactions

free in europe i believe though

casparwhite;6064136

why?its not free anymore is itthought that santander/abbey account was … why?its not free anymore is itthought that santander/abbey account was the 1 to have these days for free transactions

Free in Europe and still good value elsewhere.

Which card from Shabbey would be better?

i always find marks n sparks r good when it comes to exchange rate

Banned

Inactive;6064320

Free in Europe and still good value elsewhere.Which card from Shabbey … Free in Europe and still good value elsewhere.Which card from Shabbey would be better?

its santander zero card also think the post office may do it as well.....both credit cards tho

post office have some **** rates.

MightyWah;6063600

I always have found Travelex to give best rates, also u can order on … I always have found Travelex to give best rates, also u can order on line, collect @ airport.http://www.travelex.co.uk/uk/

post office not far behind when i looked for dollars

casparwhite;6064453

its santander zero card also think the post office may do it as … its santander zero card also think the post office may do it as well.....both credit cards tho

Well no good for currency exchange because all credit cards make a charge for cash withdrawals/ transactions, which this would be classed as.

Emmamed;6064463

post office not far behind when i looked for dollars

You would get 1.16 Euro using a Nationwide Flexaccount Visa Debit Card.

Banned

Inactive;6064477

Well no good for currency exchange because all credit cards make a charge … Well no good for currency exchange because all credit cards make a charge for cash withdrawals/ transactions, which this would be classed as.

One of the best options for holidaymakers is the Santander Zero Card (formerly the Abbey Zero Card). It has no foreign exchange loading fee anywhere in the world meaning you always benefit from the best exchange rate, and there is no cash withdrawal fee either.:) However, if you plan to use the card for withdrawals bear in mind that there is still a cash withdrawal interest rate of 27.9% - even if you pay off your balance in full.:o

Another alternative is the Post Office Credit Card. Though it doesn't offer fee free withdrawals like Santander - it charges a 2.5% fee - there are no foreign exchange loading fees anywhere in the world.:)

Nationwide offers a third choice with its Gold Card, which charges no loading fees in Europe. However, bear in mind that it charges 0.84% elsewhere in the world and that this will rise to 1% in July. It also carries a 2.5% withdrawal fee.:)

Customers who bank with Nationwide may therefore be better off using the FlexAccount Visa Debit Card, which has no loading fee within Europe and also offers fee and interest-free cash withdrawals. However, those travelling further afield should note that, outside Europe, it too carries a 0.84% loading fee that is set to increase to 1% in July
. :thumbsup:

tbh i always take sterling with me always get a better rate

casparwhite;6064520

tbh i always take sterling with me always get a better rate

I used to, but I now use the Nationwide Card, nowhere have I found a better rate than the one given by them, it is always slightly higher than the currency exchange places in the tourist area's.

I go to Spain every few weeks.;-)

Banned

Inactive;6064596

I used to, but I now use the Nationwide Card, nowhere have I found a … I used to, but I now use the Nationwide Card, nowhere have I found a better rate than the one given by them, it is always slightly higher than the currency exchange places in the tourist area's.I go to Spain every few weeks.;-)

fair do's, im usually somewhere a little more tropical so sterling works for me in asia or my oz bank account;-)

In fairness, is it true that there's not actually THAT much difference if you go to say marks n spencers or the post office?
I think there's only gonna be a couple of quid difference isnt there?
I'm off to Ayia Napa in 6 days n will need to get me some eurooooos so will be checkin some of these linkys out.

usually the cheque centres are the best place but they tend to shaft you when they change it back
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Holiday discount centre is a scam34
    2. Camera33
    3. Can I giveaway film digital codes on here?22
    4. Anyone know if amazon will be having any prime membership discounts in the …77

See more discussions