Exchange Rates

Travelling Europe for a few months from the beginning of June and am just wondering would I be best buying my euros now or later?

Cheers

9 Comments

inb4 'where's my crystal ball'

Supermod

Unless you are buying a huge amount it probably wouldn't make much difference. I cannot see it going back to the €1.44 per £1 anytime soon.

Don't know, but is there any advantage to taking sterling with you and changing it over there?

get a caxtonfx card

Banned

if anyone knew the answer to the question, they'd be rich!

Banned

greg_68

Don't know, but is there any advantage to taking sterling with you and … Don't know, but is there any advantage to taking sterling with you and changing it over there?

yes. I always get better exchange rates in the shops in europe although nothing will match the halifax clarity card intra-bank exchange rates on a no fee basis.

I'd just wait. If your travelling then if anything, I'd imagine that it may be oil prices that are going to sting you. If the current troubles move to Saudi Arabia, things aren't going to be good.

Always exchange in the country you are staying, you get a better rate. Although you could exchange a few quid here beforehand.

Original Poster

ok thanks very much
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    3. GOT Leaks again614
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710

See more discussions