Existing Sky Customer (End of Contract)

Posted 16th Jan
So my contract is due to come to an end in a months time, I have full package, So sports, Movies, Entertainment, On Demand etc., Currently paying £43.

Spoke to Retentions yesterday the Best they offered is £56. So put my cancellation through. Called the Winback team today and the best I got was £64 for my current package and if I remove On Demand £52.

Have these good offers gone? I also have 2 mobile sim contracts with them. Been with them for 3 plus years...
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
deleted1794535
Evening.

The best deals tend to come after complete disconnection these days.

Are you on Sky+ or SkyQ?

The mobiles will be a bargaining chip for them given they probably advised 'you're getting free minutes cause you're a TV customer'

They say they reward loyalty but the wingback team seem to have the best offers for all often months after services cutting off.

Calling them to renegotiate only weakens your hand. It lets them know you're not really after leaving and just want the best price rather than prepared to loose everything 'for real'
deleted179453516/01/2020 16:41

Evening.The best deals tend to come after complete disconnection these …Evening.The best deals tend to come after complete disconnection these days.Are you on Sky+ or SkyQ?The mobiles will be a bargaining chip for them given they probably advised 'you're getting free minutes cause you're a TV customer'They say they reward loyalty but the wingback team seem to have the best offers for all often months after services cutting off.Calling them to renegotiate only weakens your hand. It lets them know you're not really after leaving and just want the best price rather than prepared to loose everything 'for real'

I'm on Sky Q
deleted179453516/01/2020 16:44

Have a read through the last few pages here for an idea on recent package …Have a read through the last few pages here for an idea on recent package costs at renewal/cancellation.https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/75-off-sky-tv-for-existing-customers-only-works-when-you-call-the-specific-number-3-weeks-after-putting-your-request-to-cancel-or-save-approx-140-via-your-sky-remote-scroll-down-1741671

Good tip, but different people get offered different rates & they don't seem to budge below a certain value for a certain person/subscriber. @Nino786 , re-negotiating in a few weeks after cancelling could change things though. All the best either way
deleted1794535
Crossbow16/01/2020 17:03

Good tip, but different people get offered different rates & they don't …Good tip, but different people get offered different rates & they don't seem to budge below a certain value for a certain person/subscriber. @Nino786 , re-negotiating in a few weeks after cancelling could change things though. All the best either way

Indeed but good to know what to expect based on other pricing.
Thanks guys. Will give it a month
Offers are getting harder to get,

My Package is the best I could get.. but I do get 33% off 4x Sims so works out at £20 a month for 4 Sims 3 x 3GB and 1 x 10GB but have built up over 100GB in piggy bank.

39693939-f0gLV.jpg
Edited by: "MrSprkle" 16th Jan
Rang up yesterday just told them to put me through to disconnections whereupon I was given entertainment,cinema,box sets and kids £22 when asked if I wanted sky mobile 3gb unlimited calls and texts for £6 I said only if you do it for £4.50 which I had seen someone posted on here some weeks ago they said ok.Strange really as I had a phone call last week from sky mobile mentioned that deal said they didn’t do it
I've been sent an email asking me to come back: £30/month for Entertainment, Sports and Movies. £1/month for HD, £1 for Kids, £1 for Box sets, £12 for Netflix and Box Sets. Haven't decided whether to take it yet.
HawickBalls28/01/2020 22:13

I've been sent an email asking me to come back: £30/month for …I've been sent an email asking me to come back: £30/month for Entertainment, Sports and Movies. £1/month for HD, £1 for Kids, £1 for Box sets, £12 for Netflix and Box Sets. Haven't decided whether to take it yet.

Are you in cancellation period?
Nino78629/01/2020 04:32

Are you in cancellation period?

Just after. My Sky ran out last week. 2 emails this week already with the same offer.
HawickBalls29/01/2020 19:43

Just after. My Sky ran out last week. 2 emails this week already with the …Just after. My Sky ran out last week. 2 emails this week already with the same offer.

What did they offer you before you cancelled?
@Nino786 I think it came to £54 for Sky Ent/Sports/Movies/HD/Multiroom/Box sets when I said I would cancel. That would be £46 on the offer above (the multiform adding another £13). Otherwise I think the offer I've had is reasonable.
HawickBalls29/01/2020 19:53

@Nino786 I think it came to £54 for Sky Ent/Sports/Movies/HD/Multiroom/Box …@Nino786 I think it came to £54 for Sky Ent/Sports/Movies/HD/Multiroom/Box sets when I said I would cancel. That would be £46 on the offer above (the multiform adding another £13). Otherwise I think the offer I've had is reasonable.

They are offering me £54 currently. My offer currently I pay £43
I sometimes think they just spin a wheel...
deleted179453516/01/2020 16:41

The mobiles will be a bargaining chip for them given they probably advised …The mobiles will be a bargaining chip for them given they probably advised 'you're getting free minutes cause you're a TV customer'

Not really - I dropped the TV part of my package over 3 years ago, and haven't gone back.
I do have fibre and payt phone - but both my wife and I got mobile deals recently, which include unlimited calls and texts, and no TV.
In the end I've just let my Sky lapse. Now binge watching YouTube, Amazon Prime and activated Netflix for a month.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants