Existing Sky Customers

Found 22nd Mar 2017
Hi all,

I'm in the final weeks of my second term sky contract and about to give my 30 days notice. I'm interested in how much are people are paying per month for their sky packages? I'm paying £75 for family with sports, boxsets + HD and 1 multi room, TV only no phone or broadband. Way too much for a existing customer?
Community Updates
AskSky
22 Comments
£42 Sky Q 2TB + Qmini box + Boxsets but no sports.
Haha yes. I paid £21 for everything as a retention. No multi room though. And like you, broadband through mother supplier.
Yes, way too much. If you have the Sky service app, as soon as you put your cancellation notice in, a 50% discount offer will appear. People also say that after a while, 60% will appear. I couldn't be bothered to wait so I just called up and said it offered me 60% off, and they did the rest with no problems. This may change here and there based on the timing of promotions etc., but I wouldn't settle for less than 50% off at the very least.
They've just this month hiked our bill up to £90. 2x Sky+ HD (all channels except the movie channels) and 2x basic old school box with minimal channels. No broadband or phone, just telly. I always see on here about ringing them up and pretending you want to cancel so they offer you money off, but do they only offer this for a set amount of time or is it permanent?
£30 for sky q 1tb box, sports, movies and boxsets (no bb or multi) Multi (1 mini box) would be £42.
Edited by: "Rich069" 22nd Mar 2017
HavingAGiraffe

They've just this month hiked our bill up to £90. 2x Sky+ HD (all … They've just this month hiked our bill up to £90. 2x Sky+ HD (all channels except the movie channels) and 2x basic old school box with minimal channels. No broadband or phone, just telly. I always see on here about ringing them up and pretending you want to cancel so they offer you money off, but do they only offer this for a set amount of time or is it permanent?

​yeah I'm in pretty much the same situation as you
£24 for all TV channels. No contract.
I gave my notice and got an offer of 60% off the week before I was due to be deactivated. Pay around £27 for full entertainment pack with sports and HD
pay £55 sky HD movies and sport with 1 multi room
that's 50% off
last advisor I spoke to said that you can have 75% off which I did 2 years ago but only once. 50% was best gona get last year and I went to rent ions last time and automated message said if u want to renew with 50% off press 1 so did
last 3 years had
75% off
50% off
50% off
I got 50% off everything. But it was like playing a game of poker. I lost service and went to freesat for 2 weeks. It was only then that sky offered 50% off everything for an entire year.
Edited by: "idr2711" 22nd Mar 2017
​​£40 Sky Q 2TB + mini box, box sets, sports and movies
We cancelled 10 days ago and got a phone call today with 70% off, £39 a month for 12 months including;
- sky hd variety package
-sports
- sky fibre
- line rental and standard calls
- multi room

Also given £50 credit on account
£32 all channels, 2tb box, 1 multi screen, £100 credit on account
£30.90 Box Sets, Sky Q 2TB, Sky Q Mini and Multi screen pack. Was offered Cinema and Sports for an extra £18 declined it though.
Banned
£32 for everything TV wise but not multiroom.
Sky+HD and boxsets £14 for the year
We're paying £35 for Sky Q 2tb with 1 multiroom, hd boxsets, sport and movies. Should have been £86 a month but went on chat and asked what the best deal he could do was as didn't fancy paying the £30 fee to switch to Q, ended up paying less than we already were for standard box without multiroom or movies.
Evertonian1878

We're paying £35 for Sky Q 2tb with 1 multiroom, hd boxsets, sport and … We're paying £35 for Sky Q 2tb with 1 multiroom, hd boxsets, sport and movies. Should have been £86 a month but went on chat and asked what the best deal he could do was as didn't fancy paying the £30 fee to switch to Q, ended up paying less than we already were for standard box without multiroom or movies.

Thats really good, I was paying £18 but wanted skyQ which isnt really all that
fibre max 60mb
phone line
talk anytime extra
Sky q box 1tb(but i got sky hd because my dish was wrong)
sky box sets

£26.25 per month including line rental
Please excuse the quick bad photo. But here is what they keep posting myself after cancelling. I was previously like yourself with no phone or BB with them.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/U0zfw2I0TLUMn1ZTD-boXgFEVikiDdSeQ22hRo6wFa4TldkquVbLY7IdNwK4XRSJ1beYZ8TdpSbgPa7HSPPwLtPzvhpdSjrzZU1cguyK9o144iOKagjkx86Q1T3Nv3qk2A6PEFY4Hp3iJ3NnnqbH6ZQ3lodH8dMaYz1D3iNelr5mfsZ2rfuVlHyQN8HHmPWzqBX6PCtUpKMWBYGyEV3qu0nzJk_Pmi2yup-MmipPNqMX2iFf9F16I3dhIsHxWSoVKxq_rWBLy7FmDjpRu7Iq11u_WIdYPnPdd_61uyxobAdVzlAVgrgKrR4jT3vKgsTxgd9-TRX8o5v7-kheyNE5p63Srs36f-epGg7a2MBqT4nB8-1fHQcIKZOBIdyeelntYflaUgW9xOPbe_jwvsJta_XVsfAIqnDI8eVf87tV4UsGTpzZBxNJ4nao_5-KuWL2M84Q_xRG9fGpAaOz3R6NEaZUnxd7XXF3IF32qlFw_c7yN2VktzNmO7f-yvcPjSbJ7cZNYevs0NWJ2j1PlfOxqAg8EzLmE1102hbfSqi2_xGD7oI4E401v7IeFEe6cjPeSyuojQ2YLEUJMqpNarZjcMKtmhBbuJiRUQZjFWJ0zGkEnpovs59B=w600-h600-no
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 23rd Mar 2017
Has anyone managed to get an upgrade deal for Sky Q without having to pay £100 for boxes? (£60 for 2tb box and £40 for mini receiver). Begrudge paying that much for a box I merely rent...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants