Experiences of Ikea out of warranty repairs or replacement?

Found 1st Aug 2017
I bought 3 of the bissa shoe cabinets last year in May. out of 3 one of them the drawers keep dropping on. I've called Ikea up but they said there's only 1 year warranty with the item but I can take my receipt in and they might replace that one side panel in which the holes aren't correct and the screws keep falling out of. when building it up one of them had slightly wonky holes which I think may be the reason the screw holding the drawer to the panel keeps dropping out. What have other people's experiences been in getting a replacement after a year? I find it hard to believe that if I go in with the receipt they'll just hand over another side panel.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
No idea but its very nice of them, after all they don't have too. Why don't you see i bet they will arrange one to turn up for store collection.
Not worth the hassle with them. Live with it if you can't buy another one.
adi06041 h, 22 m ago

Not worth the hassle with them. Live with it if you can't buy another one.

No I can't buy another one as it was £30 and its not about living with it as the drawer keeps falling out I'm lucky it hasn't fallen on one of the kids yet. I'd expect it to last more than 12 months. Just my bad that I didn't contact them sooner as we had a death in the family so the shoe cabinet wasn't top priority.
spiderbifida1 h, 14 m ago

This may be of help to …This may be of help to youhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/free-ikea-spare-parts-2748569

Thanks I'll check that out
Error4401 h, 53 m ago

No idea but its very nice of them, after all they don't have too. Why …No idea but its very nice of them, after all they don't have too. Why don't you see i bet they will arrange one to turn up for store collection.

Yeah im going down later today hopefully they'll give me another side panel.
If you're not competant enough to build flat pack units, Ikea do offer at an extra cost a flat pack build,.
I used to have to repair badly built ''home builds'' because customers thought it is easy to build following instructions.
If you dont get the ''FREE'' parts i know where you can get the units repaired at your expense.
rtmlk38 m ago

If you're not competant enough to build flat pack units, Ikea do offer at …If you're not competant enough to build flat pack units, Ikea do offer at an extra cost a flat pack build,.I used to have to repair badly built ''home builds'' because customers thought it is easy to build following instructions.If you dont get the ''FREE'' parts i know where you can get the units repaired at your expense.

Wow condescending much? Even my kids can build the flat pack furniture and I've got plenty of other items from Ikea including 2 more of the same cabinets so I doubt it's our building competence but rather the fact that the holes in the cabinet weren't straight in the first place.
i had the same problem but with a different unit i just got some small nut and bolts from wilko and replaced the screw with the bolts after drilling a hole right through the side for the nut and bolt i then used a plastic screw cap on the outside to hide the bolt head and neaten it up, no problems since and cost a couple of quid and about 20 mins to replace all 6. 31592795-kLvpM.jpg
ding6 m ago

i had the same problem but with a different unit i just got some small nut …i had the same problem but with a different unit i just got some small nut and bolts from wilko and replaced the screw with the bolts after drilling a hole right through the side for the nut and bolt i then used a plastic screw cap on the outside to hide the bolt head and neaten it up, no problems since and cost a couple of quid and about 20 mins to replace all 6. [Image]

Yeah I'm intending on doing that if I can't find a new side panel as the holes are so shallow in the first place I think over time they're all going to develop they same issue. Annoying that they don't stock spares for their items.
31592993-cCKEG.jpg31592993-4cu84.jpg31592993-RHqfx.jpgoutside view, inside view and cap off, sorry the photo has been rotated the wrong way once uploaded just imagine each image rotated to the right
Edited by: "ding" 1st Aug 2017
ding15 h, 47 m ago

[Image] [Image] [Image] outside view, inside view and cap off, sorry the …[Image] [Image] [Image] outside view, inside view and cap off, sorry the photo has been rotated the wrong way once uploaded just imagine each image rotated to the right

that's great thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions