Experiences with three live chat

Posted 19th Apr
I was just messing about and testing the water for a unlimited SIM for my daughter. it was very funny the live chat and the op advised me of price plans that didn't exist

I'm after an unlimited plan for her for around £7 a month. what's my chances?

he told me he doesn't have access to sales. and the sales team isn't on live chat at the moment. he's telling the truth?

what other people's experiences on live chat?
Community Updates
Ask
25 Comments
3 are great to current customers looking to leave etc but you’ll never get a deal like that as a new customer
toonsquirel19/04/2020 10:46

3 are great to current customers looking to leave etc but you’ll never get …3 are great to current customers looking to leave etc but you’ll never get a deal like that as a new customer

I'm current customer on a unlimited everything plan for £7. I got it few days after joining
In the end he put me through to customer relations because of his mistake but I couldn't be bothered anymore and wanted the toilet.

3 are great to current customers looking to leave etc but you’ll never get …3 are great to current customers looking to leave etc but you’ll never get a deal like that as a new customer

I would never stick with 3 if they paid me. I can't wait to leave.
john_chappell19/04/2020 10:48

I'm current customer on a unlimited everything plan for £7. I got it few …I'm current customer on a unlimited everything plan for £7. I got it few days after joining

Then 3 are pretty good, every time I got something on one of my kids sims I always got them to match on the other no bother. I only left them as the service was weak all over the place so a great price and loads of data was pointless.
40462802-3gOYP.jpg40462802-5QIyf.jpg40462802-ng18l.jpg40462802-e4rH8.jpg40462802-Uzx1l.jpg
MadeDixonsCry19/04/2020 10:50

Yeah they are totally useless for service and which is why I left but for offering deals and there customer service was always excellent. It was just pointless having lots of cheap data that you couldn’t use. The final straw was when I went to USA and the kids sims didn’t work and they said they can fix it when I’m home. Luckily they just shared my ee data with tethering and everywhere has free Wi-Fi.
MadeDixonsCry19/04/2020 10:50

Yes I understand. I was in an area completely rubbish. But now I live near fields and it's great. But I get you point 💯
john_chappell19/04/2020 10:54

Yes I understand. I was in an area completely rubbish. But now I live near …Yes I understand. I was in an area completely rubbish. But now I live near fields and it's great. But I get you point 💯

I hope you get good coverage on your journeys and destination if you have to travel . Just FYI I had unlimited calls and texts and 4gb Internet for £7 then was forced to upgrade to unlimited everything for £9.

This is a 12 month contract.

Keep trying. £11 on a 24 month contract is a joke. Look at moneysavingexpert for comparison.
MadeDixonsCry19/04/2020 11:02

I hope you get good coverage on your journeys and destination if you have …I hope you get good coverage on your journeys and destination if you have to travel . Just FYI I had unlimited calls and texts and 4gb Internet for £7 then was forced to upgrade to unlimited everything for £9.This is a 12 month contract. Keep trying. £11 on a 24 month contract is a joke. Look at moneysavingexpert for comparison.

I don't travel too much and work nearby. What do you mean £11 unlimited everything is too much. Just to clarify he made a mistake with that and it doubles after 6 months.
john_chappell19/04/2020 11:09

I don't travel too much and work nearby. What do you mean £11 unlimited …I don't travel too much and work nearby. What do you mean £11 unlimited everything is too much. Just to clarify he made a mistake with that and it doubles after 6 months.

I have unlimited everything for £9 on a 12 month contract. You should be able to get that or cheaper.
MadeDixonsCry19/04/2020 11:11

I have unlimited everything for £9 on a 12 month contract. You should be …I have unlimited everything for £9 on a 12 month contract. You should be able to get that or cheaper.

Who with?

I've got unlimited everything with three for £7 and very happy. I wanted extra SIM to leave at home for house WiFi
john_chappell19/04/2020 11:12

Who with?I've got unlimited everything with three for £7 and very happy. I …Who with?I've got unlimited everything with three for £7 and very happy. I wanted extra SIM to leave at home for house WiFi

Three... I thought that was clear.
MadeDixonsCry19/04/2020 11:13

Three... I thought that was clear.

Oh ok sorry

If you live in the wrong area I can imagine it's a nightmare

About £5.40/m for unlimited data via the bait&switch method hotukdeals.com/com…679
AndyRoyd19/04/2020 12:12

About £5.40/m for unlimited data via the bait&switch method …About £5.40/m for unlimited data via the bait&switch method https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/40458679

I had a look at that. Thanks. I'm daft as a brush and don't get all this cashback stuff etc malarky. Don't really have too much cash and don't want to get on a contract I can't get out off.

I'm looking at sept October time when my Plusnet runs out and just trying to learn how the process works of using a extra SIM as WiFi
john_chappell19/04/2020 12:16

I had a look at that. Thanks. I'm daft as a brush and don't get all this …I had a look at that. Thanks. I'm daft as a brush and don't get all this cashback stuff etc malarky. Don't really have too much cash and don't want to get on a contract I can't get out off. I'm looking at sept October time when my Plusnet runs out and just trying to learn how the process works of using a extra SIM as WiFi

If not wanting to commit to contract, the cheapest current option will be Vodafone's Voxi £10/m plan = no credit check, no contract. Obvsly Voxi is not 3, and the currently unmetered quirk of its £10 plan may revert to metered by October 2020.
AndyRoyd19/04/2020 12:29

If not wanting to commit to contract, the cheapest current option will be …If not wanting to commit to contract, the cheapest current option will be Vodafone's Voxi £10/m plan = no credit check, no contract. Obvsly Voxi is not 3, and the currently unmetered quirk of its £10 plan may revert to metered by October 2020.

No I don't mind going on a contract. Just don't want to sign one that'll be £11 for 6 months and then £22 after and be lumbered with it.
john_chappell19/04/2020 12:16

... looking at sept October time when my Plusnet runs out and just trying …... looking at sept October time when my Plusnet runs out and just trying to learn how the process works of using a extra SIM as WiFi

One practical example of using an unlimited SIM as home WiFi & ethernet hotukdeals.com/com…674
john_chappell19/04/2020 12:32

No I don't mind going on a contract. Just don't want to sign one that'll …No I don't mind going on a contract. Just don't want to sign one that'll be £11 for 6 months and then £22 after and be lumbered with it.

The bait&switch example contract is fixed price for the contract duration & any subsequent optional out-of-contract continuation, subject to usual annual RPI consideration.
AndyRoyd19/04/2020 12:36

The bait&switch example contract is fixed price for the contract duration …The bait&switch example contract is fixed price for the contract duration & any subsequent optional out-of-contract continuation, subject to usual annual RPI consideration.

You've any experience with three broadband. That's what I was thinking. Buying their router. Its not possible?
john_chappell19/04/2020 13:03

You've any experience with three broadband. That's what I was thinking. …You've any experience with three broadband. That's what I was thinking. Buying their router. Its not possible?

Not quite sure what that question is. You can use any 3 or unlocked cellular router of your choice, or just throw the SIM in any device that can create a hotspot, such as the prev example of battered Android handset, optionally coupled to standard router for dual wifi & ethernet.
Not many dedicated cellular routers also permit you to use the inclusive calls that would be included with a handset SIM, but some variants of the popular Huawei B525 for example have an integral RJ11 port to facillitate use with standard POTS home phone, assuming you'd want to throw £100+ at a cellular router.
AndyRoyd19/04/2020 13:14

Not quite sure what that question is. You can use any 3 or unlocked …Not quite sure what that question is. You can use any 3 or unlocked cellular router of your choice, or just throw the SIM in any device that can create a hotspot, such as the prev example of battered Android handset, optionally coupled to standard router for dual wifi & ethernet.Not many dedicated cellular routers also permit you to use the inclusive calls that would be included with a handset SIM, but some variants of the popular Huawei B525 for example have an integral RJ11 port to facillitate use with standard POTS home phone, assuming you'd want to throw £100+ at a cellular router.

Sorry confusing you. I was just trying to see what the options are. Instead of me trying to get an extra sim. Taking out one of their broadband details
john_chappell19/04/2020 13:18

Sorry confusing you. I was just trying to see what the options are. …Sorry confusing you. I was just trying to see what the options are. Instead of me trying to get an extra sim. Taking out one of their broadband details

No experience of taking a 3 home bb (SIM+router) contract, although I doubt it would be any more cost-effective than a traditional wired option when you can occasionally secure a wired option at silly low money, such as the £4.50/m deal currently available from VM ( whenever they can install ! ).
Back if live chat. They gave two months free for me
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions