Groups

expert car advice op-com

In op-com see page under it asks for automatic vecicle identification with the years see pic under
    my car reg is 57 but first registered feb/2008 so do i select 2007 or 2008

13 Comments

Original Poster

https://s21.postimg.org/bf5ucb0x3/OP_COM.jpg

Original Poster

car is astra h design cdti 1.9

57 means it was registered before March 2008, most likely an 07 manufactured Astra but the handbook should tell you on the inside cover usually.

2008 as thats the presumed year of manufacture based on registration, same with mine is a 2016 car with a 65 plate

Original Poster

date of first reg is 13/2/2008 but reg is 57 so do i pick
    please make it clear

Original Poster

adamspencer95

2008 as thats the presumed year of manufacture based on registration, … 2008 as thats the presumed year of manufacture based on registration, same with mine is a 2016 car with a 65 plate

sorry never noticed you are saying 2008 is that correct

Original Poster

GrantG182

57 means it was registered before March 2008, most likely an 07 … 57 means it was registered before March 2008, most likely an 07 manufactured Astra but the handbook should tell you on the inside cover usually.

nothing on the inside cover and these handbooks are usually for different models of car and if car is bought second hand any handbook could be there

madmax666

sorry never noticed you are saying 2008 is that correct

​yes, but to be honest, it probably makes no difference, its just there incase a communication protocol changed between model years

madmax666

nothing on the inside cover and these handbooks are usually for different … nothing on the inside cover and these handbooks are usually for different models of car and if car is bought second hand any handbook could be there

The handbook covers the entire range of the same model but the label usually found on the inside cover will tell you everything about the car - colour code, VIN, engine number, etc. The Astra didn't change between 07 and 08 so is probably irrelevant whichever you choose unless you're planning to replace and code something to the car.

Original Poster

GrantG182

The handbook covers the entire range of the same model but the label … The handbook covers the entire range of the same model but the label usually found on the inside cover will tell you everything about the car - colour code, VIN, engine number, etc. The Astra didn't change between 07 and 08 so is probably irrelevant whichever you choose unless you're planning to replace and code something to the car.

Yes i am going to program the trip computer which is off by default but i have the BC button and the 3 line head unit
    A few have enabled this already on this car but long distance from where i live and the site i saw the exact instructions to do this is down

it won't make a difference unless the car changed over to different engine and other parts but I don't think that's the case on your car but as it was registered in 2008 go for that that's what it's asking u for but after that it will probably ask for more information the engine code which will be more important to get right

Original Poster

Thanks will have more questions but hope the tutorial will be back up before (site i saw it on is down) op-com unit arrives

Original Poster

doh just noticed "automatic vehicle identification" is selectable and not just a sub heading
    cant check yet as im only playing about with the software have not got the hardware yet
    Edited by: "madmax666" 13th Nov 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung s8 trade in58
      2. Wall mounting the OLED55B7V11
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?44
      4. Keter 6x4 shed.22

See more discussions