Groups

EXPERT OPINION ON TV CHOICES BELOW

I know we have few experts who have good knowledge in 4K TVs. I couldn't find good site for review or comparing specs. I have few choices of TV with its price and warranty...please suggest which ones a better TV deal.

LG 43UH661V - 5 years warranty from JL for £429

johnlewis.com/lg-…255?

Samsung 48JU6000 - no warranty from local retailer for £350 (open box)

samsung.com/lev…XTW?

Samsung 55JU6800 - no warranty from local retailer for £420 (open box)

samsung.com/uk/…XXU?

Thanks in advance.

6 Comments

Open box == TV has been out of the box and not == nearly new, hasn't been running on display for the last six months, hasn't been abused with a soldering iron and had it's boards ripped out and taped back in.

Never buy a open boxed or unboxed device unless you know its full history as it's pretty much sub refurbished.

kester76

Open box == TV has been out of the box and not == nearly new, hasn't been … Open box == TV has been out of the box and not == nearly new, hasn't been running on display for the last six months, hasn't been abused with a soldering iron and had it's boards ripped out and taped back in. Never buy a open boxed or unboxed device unless you know its full history as it's pretty much sub refurbished.

Thanks for quick reply and the advise. The seller sounds genuine and I am going to see the TV tomorrow. Anything specific I should be watching out for.

Have a look at the Hisense 43m3000 £329 @ amazon (oos atm) or have a look at Hisense at richer sounds. Fantastic tv's for the money and they are the largest tv brand in Asia they are just trying to break in to the western market. Out of those I would go with the lg though purely for the warranty
    Edited by: "barrel24" 22nd Sep 2016

Kujain

Thanks for quick reply and the advise. The seller sounds genuine and I am … Thanks for quick reply and the advise. The seller sounds genuine and I am going to see the TV tomorrow. Anything specific I should be watching out for.

​As daft as it sounds scratched screws. Normaly when they open a set they get scratched. A TV without stickers is another one, also check for dead pixels, dust between the panel and weird light bleeding.

Original Poster

Thank you Kester76 and Barrel 24 for the great advises.
    I actually went for Samsung 48ju6000 and got it for slightly lesser. Very genuine seller and no marks of refurb.
    Looks great so far...Fingers crossed.

kamyjain

Thank you Kester76 and Barrel 24 for the great advises. I actually went … Thank you Kester76 and Barrel 24 for the great advises. I actually went for Samsung 48ju6000 and got it for slightly lesser. Very genuine seller and no marks of refurb. Looks great so far...Fingers crossed.

Glad you're happy with the set
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions