Found 5th Jan
Hi all,
Just found a bottle of cola in the garage, opened it - as flat as a pancake. It has expired.
Are there any uses for it? I.e. Cleaning shower heads...
Thanks,
Annette

1. Ask
  2. Cola
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Cola
25 Comments

[img]https://media1.giphy.com/media/Pp4R0eJvvqflK/200.gif#8[/img]

How about making a bbq sauce with it. I cooked a gammon joint in cola and the taste was great.

Find someone with a soda stream and give it some gas.

Home made smoke grenade ?
youtube.com/wat…98g
Edited by: "dozstanford" 5th Jan

richardjamesjordan

How about making a bbq sauce with it. I cooked a gammon joint in cola and … How about making a bbq sauce with it. I cooked a gammon joint in cola and the taste was great.

I'll second that. Otherwise, I have some out of date whisky...:p

who -1 for that!

y don't u use to clean house or rusty coins etc

Good for getting oil stains off driveways or cleaning the toilet I heard.

I heard it's fantastic for a home enema.

Are you sure someone hadn't opened it previously? Coke would have to be awfully long past its best before date to go flat if it was still sealed - If you watch Ashens on YouTube, he opened a 30 year old can of Coke that was still fizzy. I suspect a bottle wouldn't be *that* different once sealed.

Use it as shampoo. Mix it with plain flour, lemon juice and a bit of ketchup.

LillyM

I'll second that. Otherwise, I have some out of date whisky...:p

​This.

Took this advice from elsewhwere and cooked my gammon in coke,delicious.

misterleoni

Are you sure someone hadn't opened it previously? Coke would have to be … Are you sure someone hadn't opened it previously? Coke would have to be awfully long past its best before date to go flat if it was still sealed - If you watch Ashens on YouTube, he opened a 30 year old can of Coke that was still fizzy. I suspect a bottle wouldn't be *that* different once sealed.

​Depends on the container. glass keeps better than plastic.

itsdavidjones1984

Use it as shampoo. Mix it with plain flour, lemon juice and a bit of … Use it as shampoo. Mix it with plain flour, lemon juice and a bit of ketchup.

That's a post for the health and beauty thread, that is

Mix 6 parts brandy to one part cola . Stir thoroughly .
Drink several glasses .
You'll never know it was out of date.

LillyM

That's a post for the health and beauty thread, that is

​Lol someone marked my post negative. Theyve clearly never used my shampoo recipe!

Original Poster

misterleoni

Are you sure someone hadn't opened it previously?.

It's a 1,5l plastic bottle expired Nov 14. Just wondered if it was worth trying to descale the shower head with it.

Yes use it for cleaning.
Edited by: "rmaee" 5th Jan

Original Poster

Never mind. Just been out to the kitchen and hubby has poured it down the sink (trying to be helpful clearing up). Another plastic bottle goes for recycling.
Thanks all.
Thread expired

What is going on with ask today? oO

The most odd questions and coming from me, that is saying a lot X)

No. Poor the damn thing down the toilet. I dont like to throw things away, but i think this will be just cause here.

Freeze in ice cube trays then put in the next coke you drink before it exoires. Win win, you don't waste the flat coke and your new coke isn't diluted with the usual ice cubes.

itsdavidjones1984

​Lol someone marked my post negative. Theyve clearly never used my s … ​Lol someone marked my post negative. Theyve clearly never used my shampoo recipe!

Can't see why, sounds like a winner, he he he, anyway I've put a positive on it, reckon it was the best answer on here

Original Poster

mutley1

What is going on with ask today? oO.

Alternatively I could've sent it you to let your dog use it to wash down a sandwich.
That's the good thing about HUKD, you can ask any stupid question anonymously.

Toptrumpet

Alternatively I could've sent it you to let your dog use it to wash down … Alternatively I could've sent it you to let your dog use it to wash down a sandwich. :)That's the good thing about HUKD, you can ask any stupid question anonymously.

Very true. I always get shot down for asking stupid questions, but to me they are not stupid at all X)

Our labrador likes a bit of booze. He will drink spilled wine but refuse to drink fizzy pop. Lol X)

Turn the bottle into a telescope
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. dakine backpacks22
    2. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?11
    3. Home CCTV system advice.33
    4. Android pay set up59

See more discussions