Groups
    EXPIRED

EXPIRED - FIFA 11 - PS3 Connection problems

Morning all,

I'm loving FIFA 11, just one problem, a 1/3 of my games cut out halfway through saying 'connection lost'. Ive got O2 broadband, 8mb, no problems with any other online games including MW2.

Any ideas what i can do? Do i need to alter things with the router etc...??

Thanks for any ideas

15 Comments

Let me guess, were you winning when these games cut out?
    You will soon realise what is really going on.

Original Poster

no no, nothing like that, it happens when i am loosing / winning, especially playing people on my friends list.

No one is cutting off the games, its just the connection.

Any one had any similar problems and solutionS?

i have had the same problems playing friends it freezes then its says connection lost

Original Poster

have you solved it?
    i really dont no what to do

no it still keeps happening must be somthing to do with internet connection

imalwaysatwork

have you solved it?i really dont no what to do

Which router are you using. I had similar issues with the O2 router provided. Since then I have moved to a Linksys and have never had the problem again.

Original Poster

just the standard o2 router, its white. not sure the model number

imalwaysatwork

just the standard o2 router, its white. not sure the model number

The O2 router is crap. Believe me get a different one and you will see the difference! I do not regret spending the extra 30 odd and having an excellent internet connection.

Original Poster

spoke to Sony, apparently I need to open some ports on my router??
    any ideas?? EA customer service is closed on the weekend.

put the router in into dmz........

Edited by: "hamza123" 16th Oct 2010

Original Poster

dmz?

imalwaysatwork

dmz?

just google putting your router (type in what make/model it is) into DMZ mode, seemed to work for me although i still have issues if anything else trys to conect to the router wireless, i.e laptop, printer, phone and even home phone.

As long as i just have the PS3 connected it is fine but not ideal...........still trying to resolve this.

i have had loads of issues with my broadband, connection dropping etc. changed my ISP, changed my router...........list is endless..........

i'm thinking of getting the phone line in my home changed out...........not sure what to do.

Original Poster

I managed to fix it by calling EA customer service, getting the correct port numbers and then opening them on my router.

So far the game connection hasnt dropped once.

I must add O2 Broadband customer Service were terrible, they did not tell me how to open the ports as they 'do not support gaming'

Banned

the be box (which i think it what o2 use since they are the same more or less) is rubbish.

I have no problems on be, but I use a hacked sky/netgear router.

imalwaysatwork

I managed to fix it by calling EA customer service, getting the correct … I managed to fix it by calling EA customer service, getting the correct port numbers and then opening them on my router.So far the game connection hasnt dropped once.I must add O2 Broadband customer Service were terrible, they did not tell me how to open the ports as they 'do not support gaming'

Im having the same problem can you explain this solution in abit more detail??

Cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iphone 7 - What Case?36
      2. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?11
      3. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?66
      4. What to do?????68

See more discussions