Groups
    EXPIRED

EXPIRED - Friends Series 1 to 10 Box Set Mis-Price Continued Discussion

Please continue the discussion here on the mis-priced Friends Box Set

Continued from this thread:

hotukdeals.com/for…593 EXPIRED - Friends: Complete Series 1 - 10 (30 Disc Box Set) [1995 Mis-Price £17.97 Delivered!

hotukdeals.com/for…593

44 Comments

Called executive department, made a sales op cry on the phone, promised compensation to value of differance between the £17.97 and the new price onto my credit card within a day.
    I love Amazon.

they are bunging £100 onto your card for shouting at somebody on the phone? :giggle:

To talk to em go to
    ]https//ww…614
    "Call me"
    enter number
    When prompted you want option 8 - have order number to hand.

Pete I didn't yell - just explained calmly that the cancellation was too late to be effective - they were due to complete the contract by 1pm guarunteed, and at 1.44 cancelled - no effect. Breach of contract action for them if they didn't, and they know I'm serious - I'v been annoying amazon for months now over misprices.

I ordered 5. do you think they'll let me have my £500? :thumbsup:

You could try it :P They set a principle.. Plus they let some others have their orders.. Orders they claim they "verify prices upon dispatch" of. (Amazon's misprice policy page).
    It's discrimination not to fulfill some when they do others.
    Is it cause I'm black/a midget/gay/pick your own stereotype?

seancampbell

You could try it :P They set a principle.. Plus they let some others have … You could try it :P They set a principle.. Plus they let some others have their orders.. Orders they claim they "verify prices upon dispatch" of. (Amazon's misprice policy page).It's discrimination not to fulfill some when they do others.Is it cause I'm black/a midget/gay/pick your own stereotype?

How did you know I'm a black gay midget? :-D

I'm psychic :P

If you don't get a helpful rep just hang up n call again.. They are paying for the call after all.
    Or go direct to their legal department if you feel like being a real thorn in amazon's side. - Free phone[URL="javascript:void(0)"] 0800 279 6620[/URL]
    (Please press '4' and ask for transfer to Extension 34581) - You want to speak to Linda Riordan.

Poor Linda, I hope you've not just made her life very difficult:roll:

Oh I'v been doing that for months :P

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,We thought you would like to know that the … Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,We thought you would like to know that the following item has been sent to: Majik United Kingdomusing Royal Mail.For more information about delivery estimates and any open orders, please visit:http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-accountYour order #Number (received 11-April-2007)-------------------------------------------------------------------------Ordered Title Price Dispatched Subtotal ---------------------------------------------------------------------Amazon.co.uk items (Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.): 1 Friends: Complete Series 1... £17.97 1 £17.97Shipped via Royal Mail (estimated arrival date: 12-April-2007).------------------------------------------------------------------------- Subtotal: £15.29 Delivery Charge: £1.24 Total tax: £2.90 Total: £19.43This completes your order.

Followed by:

ear CustomerWe are writing to inform you that the price for the item … ear CustomerWe are writing to inform you that the price for the item "Friends: Complete Series 1 - 10 (30 Disc Box Set) [1995]"was displayed incorrectly at the time you placed the above referenced order.Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on ourwebsite, pricing errors can occasionally occur. In our Pricing andAvailability Policy (seehttp://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1040614),we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our statedprice, we will cancel the order and notify you of that cancellation.All affected orders have now been cancelled. If you still wish topurchase this item, please place a new order online which will becharged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you. Pleaseaccept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by thiserror, and rest assured that we will continue to make every effort tomaintain the accuracy of all prices on our site.We look forward to serving you again in the future.Warmest regards,Customer Service DepartmentAmazon.co.ukPlease note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only addressthat cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to thismessage.

How peculiar....

Anyone else encountered BOTH emails?

Majik

Majik

Followed by:How peculiar....Anyone else encountered BOTH emails?Majik

nope, i just received the cancellation one even tho i ordered as soon as the post was put on the site. i have spoken to customer services a few times and have been hung up on and told theres nothing i can do so may as well give up on this one

Omg cheeky git! lol nice one. Shame mine said "delivery by 21st April" and not today otherwise I would have tried it too.

Got my cancellation email at 1.30 today. I already have all 10 Series but like someone else, just wanted the box they come in.

Another poster also sais money had been taken from their bank account, at Christmas with the Sainsburys vouchers, this happened to me but didn't get my order. I complained because they'd took the money & I ended up getting it using the vouchers, so if money has been taken, I would definately complain if you don't get it.

The total amount including express delivery is missing from my account, it hasnt shown up as a transaction so I guess its a pending one.

Still, money isnt normally taken unless an order is confirmed

If anybody wants to sell the big box it comes in, let me know

Did anyone complain and get and vouchers?

I phoned up just to check if the amount had been taken and the guy said it will have been refunded already, didnt offer any vouchers or anything no

I've emailed them and asked them to give me a definition of the word guaranteed!

I called to complain and the customer service rep told me they have been instructed not to issue any compensation at all regarding this mis-price. Called again later and spoke to another customer service rep and got to hear the same story. Time to move on, I guess.

gd_miester

Did anyone complain and get and vouchers?

Just got off the phone after complaining and all they offered me was an apology.

Still, worth a try. :whistling:

Ian182

Just got off the phone after complaining and all they offered me was an … Just got off the phone after complaining and all they offered me was an apology. Still, worth a try. :whistling:

I aint got time for an apology,

Guess this is me done.

Banned

Jeez why another thread on this.... we lost the chance... take it like men and women.... move to the next opportunity

Yawn cant be bothered to complain, its a no Goer.

I got free delivery on a £3 order ive wanted for awhile so I'm not bothered!!!

Subtotal: £3.30
    Delivery Charge: £0.00
    Total tax: £0.58
    Total: £3.88

Hot Deals

Jeez why another thread on this.... we lost the chance... take it like … Jeez why another thread on this.... we lost the chance... take it like men and women.... move to the next opportunity

Its a continuation of the original thread.

Why bother posting on a thread complaining about the thread itself??

:thinking:

[FONT=Arial]I got my cancellation email earlier on... thought oh well, win some lose some...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Just received another email[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]We … [FONT=Courier New]Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]We thought you would like to know that the following item has been sent to:[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]XXXXXXXXXXXX[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]using City Link.[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Your tracking number is XXXXXXXXX. You can use this number to track the delivery status of your order online by visiting Your Account at ][COLOR=#606420]http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account[/COLOR]. For more information about tracking your order please visit our Help Page at ][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.amazon.co.uk/tracking[/COLOR].[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]For more information about delivery estimates and any open orders, please[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]visit:[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]][COLOR=#606420]http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Your order XXXXXXXXXXX (received 11-April-2007)[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Ordered Title Price Dispatched Subtotal [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]---------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Amazon.co.uk items (Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.):[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]1 Friends: Complete Series 1... £17.97 1 £17.97[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Shipped via City Link (estimated arrival date: 13-April-2007).[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Tracking number: YD151295[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Subtotal: £15.29[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Delivery Charge: £7.65[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Total tax: £4.02 [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Total: £26.96[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]This completes your order.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Eh... wonder if I’ll be getting it after all???[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I really hope they haven’t charged me full whack! [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Sorry, it looks like the same situation as [/FONT][COLOR=#894e01][FONT=Verdana]][COLOR=#0000ff]Majik[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Arial]. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Apologies I didn’t see his post first time round...[/FONT]

Seems you had your emails in reverse order though, what time did you order yesterday?

i received the boxes this morning yet also had the cancellation email earlier

dantoe12

i received the boxes this morning yet also had the cancellation email … i received the boxes this morning yet also had the cancellation email earlier

LOL, be nice if you get a refund as well as having received the products eh? :w00t:

got cancellation notice this afternoon. Then this evening got despatch confirmation!

Result!

Sandman`

LOL, be nice if you get a refund as well as having received the products … LOL, be nice if you get a refund as well as having received the products eh? :w00t:

lol never thought of that. must check account tomoz lol

I sent a quick email saying I was disappointed with the customer service from Amazon on this occasion, saying that if this was a mis-price, why were some people's orders honoured and others weren't?

They replied saying all people who ordered at the £17.99 price were cancelled - that's an outright lie!

emmajk42

I sent a quick email saying I was disappointed with the customer service … I sent a quick email saying I was disappointed with the customer service from Amazon on this occasion, saying that if this was a mis-price, why were some people's orders honoured and others weren't? They replied saying all people who ordered at the £17.99 price were cancelled - that's an outright lie!

i sent them a similar email but with proof that others had received their orders and this is what i received a minute ago

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

Firstly let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have
    caused.

I apologise that your order #**************** for "Friends:
    Complete Series 1 - 10 (30 Disc Box Set) [1995]" was cancelled due
    to a pricing error.

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on
    our website, pricing errors can occasionally occur.

In our Pricing and Availability Policy (see
    amazon.co.uk/gp/…tml
    nodeId=1040614), we state that where an item's correct price is
    higher than our stated price, we will cancel the order and notify
    you of that cancellation.

In regards to other peoples who you are aware of orders being sent
    out. I apologise for this but it looks like their orders were
    dispatched we became aware of the error on the website.

We endeavour to provide our customers with the best possible online
    shopping experience and we realise that on this occasion, as a
    result of a pricing error, we have not met that standard.

Please note, we do not debit money from your bank account until just
    before your items are dispatched. If an order is cancelled before it
    enters our dispatch process, no charges will be made.

Although we spend a great deal of time updating the price and
    availability information in our catalogue, there will inevitably be
    times when the status of an item will have changed since our last
    update.

Once again I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for your understanding. We hope you will continue to enjoy
    shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Please let us know if this e-mail answered your question:

If yes, click here:
    amazon.co.uk/rsv…824
    If not, click here:
    amazon.co.uk/rsv…kff

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept
    incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help
    section of our website.

Warmest regards

Vijaya Kumar P.
    Customer Service
    Amazon.co.uk
    =====================================================================
    Free UK delivery on orders over GBP 15 (See details & conditions)
    [url]www.amazon.co.uk/supersaverdelivery[/url]

Emailed yesterday at 1pm telling me item has been despatched. Another email at 1.30 telling me my order has been cancelled.
    Posty arrived at 9 this morning with Friends 10 Season Boxset

Thanks again to OP and I hope more people were lucky in getting this outstanding bargain.

Malky

Emailed yesterday at 1pm telling me item has been despatched. Another … Emailed yesterday at 1pm telling me item has been despatched. Another email at 1.30 telling me my order has been cancelled.Posty arrived at 9 this morning with Friends 10 Season BoxsetThanks again to OP and I hope more people were lucky in getting this outstanding bargain.

Exactly as above. Happy wife, happy me....

Majik

Thanks to the original Op mine has just arrived - now to convince the other half that we really needed it in the first place - she wanted the Marple misprice

Just to let you know that I was bored and decided to follow seancampbell's advice and contact Linda Riorman per email, this is what I received this morning:

Dear ...Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.We regret that the pricing … Dear ...Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.We regret that the pricing error occurred and we are sorry that youare disappointed with our decision to cancel your orderfor "Friends: Complete Series 1 - 10 (30 Disc Box Set) [1995]".In our Pricing and Availability Policy (seehttp://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1040614), we state that where an item's correct price ishigher than our stated price, we will cancel the order and notifyyou of that cancellation.The Conditions of Use and Sale displayed on our website clearlystate that there is no contract between Amazon.co.uk and thecustomer for an item until Amazon.co.uk accepts the customer orderby e-mail, confirming that it has dispatched the item. The orderconfirmation e-mail is simply an acknowledgement of our receipt ofyour order and no contract is formed until we send an e-mailconfirming that we've dispatched the item.Until that time, Amazon.co.uk is within its rights not to acceptyour order and may indicate its non-acceptance by cancelling yourorder.For further information on our Conditions of Use and Sale, pleasesee our online Help Desk at the following link:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1040616]Despite our best efforts, due to the extensive nature of ourcatalogue, pricing errors can occasionally occur. We endeavour toprovide our customers with the best possible customer experience andwe realise that on this occasion, as a result of a pricing error, wehave not met that standard.We hope this e-mail answers your concerns and that you will give usan opportunity to serve you again.Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matterWarmest Regards,Linda RiordanExecutive Customer RelationsAmazon.co.ukhttp://www.amazon.co.uk

Amazon has decided NOT to issue any more compensations regarding mis-pricing, and I've been also told the same by two different amazon.co.uk customer service reps yesterday. Keep that in mind for the next mis-price, it will save you some time. ;-)

I emailed them too and asked them to define the word guaranteed for me. They didn't! But they did offer me a refund on express delivery if I were to order the friends boxset again at the correct price. :w00t:

thanks to the op i received mine bout 5 mins ago. :w00t:

but I too also received the cancellation email. Then the dispatched email.

So may not have been charged :-D

anyone that did get one wanna sell it??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876400
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671412
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047174
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1022

See more discussions