Groups
    EXPIRED

EXPIRED: Help with trying to find the name of a film

my mum was telling me about a film last night but she couldn't remember what it was, can't remember all the story but it went something like this. There was a man that beat his wife/partner and one day she cooked him dinner and planned to kill him by gettin him to chase her so he would fall in the well (I think) and she got him so mad he ran after her outside and then fell down a well.... or something lol does anyone have a clue what the fim is called, rep will be left

19 Comments

how big was this hole? it could have been alice in wonderland?!

havent got a clue.

Was it 'The Contrabulous Fabtraption of Professor Horatio Hufnagel'

I can remember the film too but cant think what it's called !! ? ............blaast !
    No I will go slowly mad (mader)

Original Poster

snowtiger;2602297

I can remember the film too but cant think what it's called !! ? … I can remember the film too but cant think what it's called !! ? ............blaast !No I will go slowly mad (mader)

can you remember what else happens in the film?

Doesn't a man fall down a hole in Men in Black? He gets eaten by the alien.

is it not that one with kathy bates in :thumbsup:

Kellie + Paisley;2602329

can you remember what else happens in the film?

No not really, If it's the same film I'm thinking of he falls down a hole (could be a well ? ) in a big garden or yard of their house ... he had been violent towards her in the past so she doesn't help him ... think it was set in the USA ? I'll ask OH tonight when he gets in as he has a memory like an Elephant !

Original Poster

alnbowes;2602418

is it not that one with kathy bates in :thumbsup:

misery?

Dolores Claiborne works as a maid for a wealthy woman in remote Maine. When she is indicted for the elderly woman's murder, Dolores' daughter Selena returns from New York, where she has become a big-shot reporter. In the course of working out the details of what has happened, as well as some shady questions from the past and Selina's troubled childhood, many difficult truths are revealed about their family's domestic strife. This is cleverly portrayed with present reality shot in cool blue tones blending seamlessly into flashbacks shot in vivid color. As small town justice relentlessly grinds forward, surprises lie in store for the viewers.... :thumbsup:

Original Poster

snowtiger;2602426

No not really, If it's the same film I'm thinking of he falls down a hole … No not really, If it's the same film I'm thinking of he falls down a hole (could be a well ? ) in a big garden or yard of their house ... he had been violent towards her in the past so she doesn't help him ... think it was set in the USA ? I'll ask OH tonight when he gets in as he has a memory like an Elephant !

yep it was a well I remember now!! I wish I knew about it so I could check on google or something

it's dolores claiborne

yep , she has a strained relationship with her estranged reporter daughter,

she could have helped him when he fell and doesnt , he is chasing her and falls through some old loose wooden boards and loos to her (Kathy Btes ) for help.

he was a horrible man to her. its a very good film :thumbsup:

Original Poster

alnbowes;2602434

Dolores Claiborne works as a maid for a wealthy woman in remote Maine. … Dolores Claiborne works as a maid for a wealthy woman in remote Maine. When she is indicted for the elderly woman's murder, Dolores' daughter Selena returns from New York, where she has become a big-shot reporter. In the course of working out the details of what has happened, as well as some shady questions from the past and Selina's troubled childhood, many difficult truths are revealed about their family's domestic strife. This is cleverly portrayed with present reality shot in cool blue tones blending seamlessly into flashbacks shot in vivid color. As small town justice relentlessly grinds forward, surprises lie in store for the viewers.... :thumbsup:

thanks hun I will ask my mum when I speak to her later:thumbsup:

Yeah, and the husband also abused his daughter...

Very good book by Stephen King

Kellie + Paisley;2602496

thanks hun I will ask my mum when I speak to her later:thumbsup:

no probs , there isnt another film i can think of which this could be other than that from what you have described

Original Poster

thanks my mum has just confirmed it is the one

Yes it's the same film I was thinking of
    here's the trailer
    imdb.com/vid…05/

Original Poster

Just ordered the film can't wait to watch it thanks again guys
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions