Groups
    EXPIRED

EXPIRED :PC and XBOX 360 into 1 set of PC Speakers - Help requested

My Son is getting a 360 for XMAS, and I have already bought (and tested of course :-) a VGA cable and switchbos that will allow him to connect to his PC Screen.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced set of speakers with 2 inputs that he could use for PC and XBOX use (i.e. PC speakers with an AUx input that the XBOx could be connected to)

Any help will lead to REP !!

6 Comments

Just get an adapter that will allow you to plug two into one. I got one from tesco for about £1.50

Original Poster

does that work - i though that the 2 into 1 were designed for splitting 1 output into two headphones, not 2 outputs into 1 set of speakers ...

if you see what I mean...

phanco;3576391

does that work - i though that the 2 into 1 were designed for splitting 1 … does that work - i though that the 2 into 1 were designed for splitting 1 output into two headphones, not 2 outputs into 1 set of speakers ...if you see what I mean...

The kind of plug you're looking for does ]excist. Maplins has a 6.35mm one, but you may be able to find a 3.5mm one in store as well. Or else on eBay perhaps.

Original Poster

I've got a basic splitter, but I inderstto that If I plugged the jack intp my pc, speakers into one socket and xbox into the other socket it would not work - thats what I was advised.

phanco;3576967

I've got a basic splitter, but I inderstto that If I plugged the jack … I've got a basic splitter, but I inderstto that If I plugged the jack intp my pc, speakers into one socket and xbox into the other socket it would not work - thats what I was advised.

Probably not, but you can get switchboxes for audio as well as video and one of those would definitely work.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;3580541

Probably not, but you can get switchboxes for audio as well as video and … Probably not, but you can get switchboxes for audio as well as video and one of those would definitely work.

thanks for the xbox splitter tip -got one off ebay for about a tenner

EXPIRED
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need help with home Internet dropping out please45
      2. Sky Box Sets Help11
      3. What will £250 get me second hand mobile11
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?612

See more discussions