Groups
    EXPIRED

Expired Sorted! Help with computer please

The Kids have been on the computer again! I can get on to the internet by going through google desktop at the bottom of the screen but if I click on the icons to get on the internet on the desktop it won't go to the internet! In fact I can get on any of the icons on the desktop! Help would be appreciated, will leave rep Thanks

6 Comments

Try pressing the Fn button on your keyboard?

Original Poster

amibees;8296654

Try pressing the Fn button on your keyboard?

What the f and n one together? Don't want to seem thick but I can't see it otherwise!:oops:
    It's not working!

adp;8296672

What the f and n one together? Don't want to seem thick but I can't see … What the f and n one together? Don't want to seem thick but I can't see it otherwise!:oops:It's not working!

No - there is a button with Fn written on it - mine is on the bottom row near the space bar. Once this happened to me and the icons wouldn't go where they should. I pressed this and it solved the problem. Sorry if it didn't work for you.

Original Poster

amibees;8296756

No - there is a button with Fn written on it - mine is on the bottom row … No - there is a button with Fn written on it - mine is on the bottom row near the space bar. Once this happened to me and the icons wouldn't go where they should. I pressed this and it solved the problem. Sorry if it didn't work for you.

There's no fn on this keyboard, but thanks for the suggestion, I have just shut down the computer and restarted it and it seems to be ok now Thanks for you help:thumbsup:

amibees;8296756

No - there is a button with Fn written on it - mine is on the bottom row … No - there is a button with Fn written on it - mine is on the bottom row near the space bar. Once this happened to me and the icons wouldn't go where they should. I pressed this and it solved the problem. Sorry if it didn't work for you.

You would only get an 'fn' button on a laptop and the OP doesn't specify that they are using a laptop so I suspect that they are not. Can't quite see how this would fix it apart from in your case, your fn button was possibly stuck down.

I would of suggested killing explore.exe and restarting it..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927369
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1871347
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2445
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133

See more discussions