Expired

EXPIRED - What is Paypal gift?

18 replies
Found 3rd Apr 2009
Sorry if this is not the right forum but i'm a noob to hukd.

Been checking out the for sale section and keep seeing people offerinf to pay by paypal gift??? is this different to paypal i have used when selling/buying on ebay?

Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Paypal
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Paypal
18 Comments

Yes, if you send a paypal gift the receiver gets all the money with no fee reduction

But you get no protection on it as far as I know, so be careful if you plan to use it on a large amount of money.

Its paypal with direct payment to there paypal account.

There is a risk factor as there is no protection on this.

The user that recieves the payment does not pay fees on this.

Ad

If you don't how to do it in Paypal, it is by clicking Personal tab in Send Money and choosing Gift there.

Banned

you cannot send gift from a credit card attatched to your account, only from funds within your paypal account or a debit card linked to your account, as said you cannot get this money back therefore no protection, although buyinh on here through paypal offers you no real protection anyway, best to follow all guidelines, links in opening post of every fs thread

sassie;4816840

you cannot send gift from a credit card attatched to your account, only … you cannot send gift from a credit card attatched to your account, only from funds within your paypal account or a debit card linked to your account, as said you cannot get this money back therefore no protection, although buyinh on here through paypal offers you no real protection anyway, best to follow all guidelines, links in opening post of every fs thread

very helpful post sass.......... :thumbsup:

Original Poster

:thumbsup: Thank you all for your prompt replies and great advice.

3casper3;4816886

:thumbsup: Thank you all for your prompt replies and great advice.

You can always paypal gift me £5k to see if it works?

Banned

smithy i always thought you was a male

sassie;4816984

smithy i always thought you was a male

erm ......... when i checked this morning i still was ... :?

Banned

smithyp1;4817006

erm ......... when i checked this morning i still was ... :?

cross dresser perhaps

sassie;4817018

cross dresser perhaps

Only at the weekend in my prom dress ....... ssshhhhhhhhh...don't tell anyone though .......... :oops:

Banned

smithyp1;4817033

Only at the weekend ....... ssshhhhhhhhh...don't tell anyone though … Only at the weekend ....... ssshhhhhhhhh...don't tell anyone though .......... :oops:

oh errr :oops:

sassie;4817041

oh errr :oops:

Even the missus doesn't know ............ :w00t:

Banned

smithyp1;4817060

Even the missus doesn't know ............ :w00t:

she may do now :w00t:

sassie;4817069

she may do now :w00t:

Oh well, you know what they say ...... 'don't knock it, till you try it' :oops::-D

Banned

smithyp1;4817084

Oh well, you know what they say ...... 'don't knock it, till you try it' … Oh well, you know what they say ...... 'don't knock it, till you try it' :oops::-D

oh hun, wasnt knocking it, always thought you where male, then saw you selling dresses and thought ooops i got that wrong - lol

sassie;4817095

oh hun, wasnt knocking it, always thought you where male, then saw you … oh hun, wasnt knocking it, always thought you where male, then saw you selling dresses and thought ooops i got that wrong - lol

Now i really am confused .............. :?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone else bored of video gaming2030
    2. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA2099
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769517
    4. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1317

See more discussions