Groups
    EXPIRED

EXPIRED:THANKS TO "dontasciime"windows xp pro key???

laptop has crashed i rang HP and they sent me a windows xp pro recovery operating disk when i put the disk in to reinstall its asking for a licience key just rang microsoft they want £59.99 for key anyhelp would be apprieciated

16 Comments

Look under the laptop for a COA sticker, or does the CD sleeve have a COA on it?

This is a COA - The product key is the license key:

http://tek4.com/ForSale/WinSBS2003SP2/coa.jpg

If you don't have the sticker, ask HP for your licence code, you did purchase the product after all.

Original Poster

yes ive got the sticker but its rubbed off and cant see the letters

DragonChris

Look under the laptop for a COA sticker, or does the CD sleeve have a COA … Look under the laptop for a COA sticker, or does the CD sleeve have a COA on it?This is a COA - The product key is the license key:

You could try recover your original key using the Hirons Boot cd

there is an xp key retriever on it

Edited by: "bfjem" 1st Mar 2011

Original Poster

or some kind person who has upgraded to windows 7 and still has old xp pro key could pm me it:)

Banned

kareandy

or some kind person who has upgraded to windows 7 and still has old xp … or some kind person who has upgraded to windows 7 and still has old xp pro key could pm me it:)

here we go.

Banned

bykergrove

here we go.

LOL

My CPU has just failed and ebuyer want £129 to replace it. Don't suppose anyone has a spare one laying around? X)

I love piracy,it gives me a woody :-)

kareandy

or some kind person who has upgraded to windows 7 and still has old xp … or some kind person who has upgraded to windows 7 and still has old xp pro key could pm me it:)

Trouble is, although it would be nice, no-one really knows one another on here well enough to know if they are telling the truth etc (don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are lying and we should get the lynch mob out) and so helping someone commit a crime isn't something anyone on here would like to do.

I really would call HP if I were you, they sold it to you and could well have it on record somewhere and can give it to you.

Original Poster

ok thanks for your help and advice but i thought thats what forums were about ,helping someone if you could, when i'm back at work i'll just look at the back of one of the works pc's and get the code

kareandy

kareandy

If someone has a valid XP key that they are willing to give to the OP on a copy of XP that is not being used how is that piracy? If piracy was the goal then they could just download a cracked version that wouldn't require a key.

If you do get hold of a key you must make sure it is the correct version as OEM won't work with a retail disc and vice versa.

guv

LOLMy CPU has just failed and ebuyer want £129 to replace it. Don't … LOLMy CPU has just failed and ebuyer want £129 to replace it. Don't suppose anyone has a spare one laying around? X)

I have several laying about. Just pay delivery and you can have yourself a nice pentium 3 1ghz processor.

I can post you a copy of a genuine HP/Compaq Windows XP Pro OEM install CD, which should not ask for a Windows key at all. It basically checks the bios for a hidden manufacturer ID and only proceeds if it finds the correct one.

Also bearing in mind that the disk you got directly off HP asks for a key may mean that mine mine will do the same when used on your computer.

Edited by: "SUMMONER" 1st Mar 2011

Banned

deathtrap3000

I have several laying about. Just pay delivery and you can have yourself … I have several laying about. Just pay delivery and you can have yourself a nice pentium 3 1ghz processor.

OK... I was just about to order an E7500 for my littluns new duel boot W7 / Hackintosh.

Many thanks, I owe you.

I should have half a dozen XP keys on file but I was too lazy to keep them

Original Poster

thanks but sounds just what i have got"for distribution only with hp or compaq pc" i received 3 discs in total 1 with drivers and 2 discs that say operating system

SUMMONER

I can post you a copy of a genuine HP/Compaq Windows XP Pro OEM install … I can post you a copy of a genuine HP/Compaq Windows XP Pro OEM install CD, which should not ask for a Windows key at all. It basically checks the bios for a hidden manufacturer ID and only proceeds if it finds the correct one.Also bearing in mind that the disk you got directly off HP asks for a key may mean that mine mine will do the same when used on your computer.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GTX 1070 went out and old card won't work either.11
      2. Good Sim only deals??57
      3. Digital ps4 games22
      4. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER45

See more discussions