Groups

Express Gadgets - anyone heard of them?

expressgadgets.co.uk/app…tml

3g Ipod unlocked as per description, but never heard of the site, does anyone think this is a scam?!

30 Comments

New providence Wharf
    Fairmont Avenue
    Docklands
    London
    E14 9PQ
    GB

Registrar:
    Telivo Ltd [Tag = TELIVO]
    URL: telivo.com

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 01-Jul-2008
    Renewal date: 01-Jul-2010
    Last updated: 16-Jul-2008

Registration status:
    Registration request being processed.

Name servers:
    dns1.firepages1.com 83.244.130.17
    dns2.firepages1.com 195.82.107.237

can't find much info on them, only offer email support, no business address on website.... seems like a SCAM

found this
    Orders are normally sent out to you within 14-35 working days, excluding weekends. If there is a delay with your order of more than 10 working days or more than stated on our website, then we will notify customers of this immediately. Customers are asked to wait a maximum 60 working days (excluding weekends) for their order(s) to arrive if they have been informed of a delay. Orders will be dispatched via UPS or Royal mail. Delivery times are subject to change and if this is necessary, then the new time will be listed on our website.

faevilangel;2811185

found this :|Orders are normally sent out to you within 14-35 working … found this :|Orders are normally sent out to you within 14-35 working days, excluding weekends. If there is a delay with your order of more than 10 working days or more than stated on our website, then we will notify customers of this immediately. Customers are asked to wait a maximum 60 working days (excluding weekends) for their order(s) to arrive if they have been informed of a delay. Orders will be dispatched via UPS or Royal mail. Delivery times are subject to change and if this is necessary, then the new time will be listed on our website.

That alone sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dodgy.

The JFK;2811213

That alone sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dodgy.

customer service not a strong point for them :whistling:

Banned

LOL. "Customers are asked to wait up to 60 working days for delivery! Thats 3 months!!!!!!

guv;2811228

LOL. "Customers are asked to wait up to 60 working days for delivery! … LOL. "Customers are asked to wait up to 60 working days for delivery! Thats 3 months!!!!!!

so you forget you been scammed :w00t:

Banned

faevilangel;2811252

so you forget you been scammed :w00t:

Or give them long enough to hide!

I ordered my 3g iphone via this site on the 10th Aug i'm still awaiting my delivery. Always get a reply when I email this company but am concerned what with the crazy delivery times and no phone number? If I get ripped off I will be making it common knowledge on google that this company is ripping people off for thousends. Hopefully I will be wrong and I can put one of those really nice coments that "happy customers" supposedly have submitted to their site listed as testomonials!!

surethingguy;2821374

I ordered my 3g iphone via this site on the 10th Aug i'm still awaiting … I ordered my 3g iphone via this site on the 10th Aug i'm still awaiting my delivery. Always get a reply when I email this company but am concerned what with the crazy delivery times and no phone number? If I get ripped off I will be making it common knowledge on google that this company is ripping people off for thousends. Hopefully I will be wrong and I can put one of those really nice coments that "happy customers" supposedly have submitted to their site listed as testomonials!!

if you paid via credit card i would speak to them immediately about having a refund.

thing is it doesnt bother me waiting that much if I knew the site was genuine? I dont know whether they are now and can find nothing on the net anywhere?

Have a similar experience with these guys. Ordered Aug 11th, always reply to emails. Two days ago they sent me this email: "
    I contacted our supplier to ask when your order is likely to be shipped, however, they have informed me that they have now increased their prices, therefore, all previous orders will have to incur an extra 30 day wait on top of the normal delivery time of 14-28 days. I sincerely apologise for this, and as a result, we have now terminated business with that supplier, however, the good news is that we have just negotiated terms with a new supplier who can still offer us the same great prices on the Apple iPhone 3g 16gb packages, and delivery will only take 5-7 days.

Please let me know if you'd like to be refunded and place the order again with our new supplier, or cancel the order completely for a full refund? Our new supplier has stock of your order and are ready to be dispatched out to you once payment has been received. Due to problems with our card payment facility as a result of terminating business with our previous supplier, and as depicted on our homepage, we are accepting payment by bank transfer which will allow us to pay our new supplier immediately and for them to ship out your order to you within the 5-7 day timeframe.
    I apologise for any inconvenience caused, but we wish to give our customers the best alternative options available.
    Kind Regards,
    Wendy Walker," (this was Aug 30)
    Seems very strange and contradictory!
    I told them I want full refund and they wrote: "In order to obtain a full refund, please contact your card issuing bank and place a chargeback on the £309.99 payment that you made to us, and they will reimburse your payment back into your account immediately. Unfortunately I cannot send the funds back to the card that you used for payment as we no longer use the same card processing company, Protx."
    Tomorrow I go to the bank with copies of bank statement and their emails and see i they can get the money back. I'll let you know! videte

I too got the same **** back from them, they must be ripping the interest off our money before giving people the blag after when they are getting hounded by us cahsing up our order they then send this in the end the get our interest for at least a month??
    Cant imagine any other reason why we would get messed around do much and told that we should cancel our order cause their supplier's prices have gone up and then re- send the money "Via direct bank transfer" to improve the delivery time to 7 days. They are crazy if they think I would do that - The only chance I have is cause I paid on Mastercard which covers me by insurance on the internet. this is the same they sent me as they sent you which proves their are many of us getting mugged off by this joke of a company.
    [COLOR="Red"]MY Advise and probably everyone elses......
    STEER WELL CLEAR _ SCAMMERS, AND MESSERS NOT WORTH THE BOTHER>
    ALSO DODGY ADDRESS IN BIRMINGHAM FOR THEIR COMPANY ADDRESS - Its a rented appartment building in the city - even more dodge.[/COLOR]

Last email sent to me....
    In order to obtain a refund, you need to inform your bank that 'goods have not been received' and they will then send you a claims for in the post which once you've filled out and returned, your payment will be debited back into your account immediately. As we longer use Protx, the payment processing company who authorised your payment, we do not have the security access to send payment back to your card like a normal transaction. We have informed our bank that you will be claiming your funds back, therefore they are waiting for your to proceed.

I apologise sincerely for the inconvenience that's been caused, however, once your payment has arrived back to you, then you're more than place the order again through our new supplier and goods will be received within 5-7 working days.

Kind Regards,

Wendy Walker,

Same scenario with me. Only problem is im effed because I physically went to the bank and paid the money into their account. I've just contacted the police today and they are saying there is nothing we can do because there is no evidence that this company is not legitimate. Guys do you want to form some kind of consumer union and bring this company down? We need to act fast before they take off with our monies! Please hola back if you are interested in doing anything about this

Hi Guys, still no refund, but they are still trading and responding to emails e.g.
    2008/10/3 Peter Reilly
    Wendy,
    I have today final confirmation that the Bank cannot apply a "Charge Back" for goods not sent and that the onus is on you and your company to refund my £309.99 immediately.
    You are in breach of the law to have received and accepted my money and not supplied the goods or a refund.
    I would like to give you the opportunity to be honourable and send me the refund to my card immediately.
    Yours sincerely Peter Reilly.
    Reply:
    Good Afternoon Peter
    We are not breaching any laws or conditions whatsoever as we've clearly informed you that we cannot supply you with the goods due to change in circumstances, and we've also explained to you why we cannot issue you with a refund either. We will contact Protx and give them details of your transaction, and ask them if they will refund your payment back to your card, as we no longer hold our account with them.
    Kind Regards,
    Tom,
    Online Assistance
    By the way the address they now offer is no longer Birmingham but London:
    118 New Providence Wharf,
    Fairmont Avenue,
    Docklands,
    London,
    E14 9PB
    I am currently in correspondence with Protox whom they used to to process the money to their bank.
    I'll let you know any updates.

Is there any proof that this "company" is ripping people off?

Has anyone actually ever received any goods from Express Gadgets?

Romaruchi...what is happening with the money you put into their bank?
    have you heard anything from them since?

my tip off the day - if it looks too good to be true ......... it probably is ...........

they have no customer feedback e.g. nothing like amazon, tesco etc

they are wanting you to wait 3 months for delivery

to get a refund you need to contact your credit card

in one word in big bold letters so you can read it easily

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]SCAM[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I contacted my credit card company about a month ago and was told my refund was all going through, only to have a call back today saying i need more evidence. This is ridiculous. There must be a way of taking legal action against these people???

I would strongly suggest that somebody who's fallen for this scam posts HERE: dslreports.com/for…ers

That is a great forum for getting to the bottom of these kinds of issues and you'll be offered tonnes of advice about how to deal with your card company, etc.

I enjoy reading the stories posted on BBR's scambuster forum, they really go out of their way to track the source of the problem and help the victims.

Seems you guys are not alone.

I gave them £400 on the 18 September and am still receive my refund after the supplier "ran out" of goods.

I smelt a rat and asked for my money back.

I was advised of this scam by the lady that hosts their webpages as she has monitored their mail for a while now regarding lots of people being ripped off and never receiving their goods.

i wonder if ANYONE got ANYTHING...

TGB;3213545

I would strongly suggest that somebody who's fallen for this scam posts … I would strongly suggest that somebody who's fallen for this scam posts HERE: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/scambustersThat is a great forum for getting to the bottom of these kinds of issues and you'll be offered tonnes of advice about how to deal with your card company, etc.I enjoy reading the stories posted on BBR's scambuster forum, they really go out of their way to track the source of the problem and help the victims.

I have started the ball rolling on this one over there, let's hope something good comes of it.

Looks like I fell for this one too. I've contacted the trading standards but they have told me to write a letter! For info Express Gadgets bank account is : Disk Express, sort code 20 07 71 ac no 60652172, Barclays,Colmore Row, Birmingham. I suggest everyone who has paid and not got a delivery calls their bank. That might stop this happening to others. Has anyone received a phone?

don't tell me to be insensitive etc im gonna air my view

PEOPLE ARE SO GULLIBLE....... EBAY, WEBSITES PAYPAL ETC

WHY DO YA THINK SCAMS EXIST ???

PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW WHEN TO SAY NO TO A GOOD PRICE

IF IT LOOKS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN IT IS

ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS ASK SOMEONE FOR HELP ON WHETHER THE OFFER IS LEGIT

MAYBE RING THE COMPANY (PHONE NUMBER SHOULD BE ON WEBPAGE BY LAW)

always use reputable companies....... don't give in to temptation, you should know no one could possibly get away for selling a playstation 3 for £100, its so unreal that they could sell them at that price

always be vigilant online ............ money is now tighgter and peole will be trying these scams more......... if ya can't spot a scam then go and buy from a shop, you will then get the item

The company that hosts their webpages has now forwarded to me as much mail as possible between myself and express gadgets.

I spoke to the Police yesterday about it and they were so uninterested that they didn't even return my call.

SniperMonkey43f;3309157

The company that hosts their webpages has now forwarded to me as much … The company that hosts their webpages has now forwarded to me as much mail as possible between myself and express gadgets.I spoke to the Police yesterday about it and they were so uninterested that they didn't even return my call.

your local police should have a internet crime unit, speak to them

did you pay via credit card ? or debit card ?

if by credit card, get them to get your money back through a chargeback

if by debit card, talk to ya bank and see what steps they can do, some banks may try to get your money bank.....

Nope.... they keep sending stupid responses to me. I even sent them a legal letter and all they could say was i dont have a contract with them but with the suppliers. I then asked them for the suppliers number and they sent me a reply mentioning something about moving offices, which has been their excuse for a while now... THEY ARE PROPER FRAUDSTERS!!! I want to bring them down and shame them. Have you all reported to trading standards?

Romaruchi;3326129

Nope.... they keep sending stupid responses to me. I even sent them a … Nope.... they keep sending stupid responses to me. I even sent them a legal letter and all they could say was i dont have a contract with them but with the suppliers. I then asked them for the suppliers number and they sent me a reply mentioning something about moving offices, which has been their excuse for a while now... THEY ARE PROPER FRAUDSTERS!!! I want to bring them down and shame them. Have you all reported to trading standards?

they are kidding you .......... your contract is with the suppliers of the product who you paid money to e.g. express gadgets......

go to your bank, tell them that you havn't recieved goods, your not getting any help from the company, your bank then should do a chargeback

faevilangel;3309227

your local police should have a internet crime unit, speak to themdid you … your local police should have a internet crime unit, speak to themdid you pay via credit card ? or debit card ?if by credit card, get them to get your money back through a chargebackif by debit card, talk to ya bank and see what steps they can do, some banks may try to get your money bank.....

Just spoke to Barclays and told them that I put the money direct into their account via cash payment. They said I need to go to my local branch and they should be able to open some kind of dispute that might help me get a few quid back.

I just got mail from Express Gadgets dated 1st November at 2:47pm reading:

"Hi Stuart

Apologies for the late reply, customer support is limited at the moment as we're in the process of moving to our new office. We are aware of the comments that are circulating about us, however, the terms of our business are clearly laid out on our website for all to be aware of prior to ordering, therefore, those who are unhappy, were in full knowledge of the times and conditions prior to payment. In regards to your refund, if we have not received your payment by the end of next week, then it will be referred over to the second refund period.

Kind Regards,
    Mary"

I then got mail from them at 4:22pm the same day saying the following:

"Hi Stuart
    Unfortunately we have been informed that our supplier has gone bust due to the credit crunch which has resulted in them not being able to pay the manufacturer for any orders received, therefore, it's with sad regret, that we have also ceased trading too.

Kind Regards,
    Mary"

Sounds like bull seeing as they told me an hour and a half prior that they were moving to new offices.

Are companies insured for payments owing to customers in the event of them going bust? I would assume they are?

They have just told everyone that they are to stop trading so if you are waiting for goods you will not get them!! We are trying to find out about the adminstrator, so we will keep you posted anyone that is interested that is!!:thinking:

Sorry Guys, Just got on the chat looks like my news is old news!! We are looking into the legal side will update ya as it happens

expressgadgets.co.uk/son…tml

Ten PS3s for £1000. £100 each. And that doesn't set alarm bells ringing?

Folks who've been scammed, retailers sell goods at a price that works out at cost + expenses + profit margin. Profit margin will be as big as possible, and as close to or lower than the cost of their competitors. Big names usually get the lowest prices because they buy the most stock, and can negotiate the best deals.

If you see a small name shop selling something slightly cheaper than a big name competitor, it mgith be legit. Smaller companies have smaller overheads, and the smallest companies skimp on expenses where possible. It might be legit, but check it out thoroughly before buying. If a small name company is a lot cheaper than the big name, unless there's evidence that's very persuasive that points to the contrary, they're scammers.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927369
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1871347
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2445
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133

See more discussions