Extend cable

Posted 15th May
this is the cable that connects directly into my virgin V6 box. what wire is it that will connect directly to this and extend it so I can move the box. thankyou
3464375.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

27 Comments
It's co-axial cable that plugs into your V6 box.
It’s called Coax/Coaxial cable, can get it off eBay along with suitable connections to extend
Edited by: "Candystore" 15th May
Just buy a satellite extendion cable, only cheap on eBay.
I was about to order this but couldn't see the end in the word this would connect to I'm hopeless haha!
40760457-VpKCr.jpg
Jon_Dent15/05/2020 15:44

I was about to order this but couldn't see the end in the word this would …I was about to order this but couldn't see the end in the word this would connect to I'm hopeless haha![Image]

Thats wrong cable connections, they are f connectors.
fearona15/05/2020 15:58

Thats wrong cable connections, they are f connectors.

40760681-pvCuJ.jpgGuess this is it ?

Thanks
Do not buy any old coaxial cable. Make sure it's rated RG-6 with F-connectors at both ends. Replacing the existing cable with a longer one rather than extending it is preferred.
clostridium_botulinum15/05/2020 16:09

Do not buy any old coaxial cable. Make sure it's rated RG-6 with …Do not buy any old coaxial cable. Make sure it's rated RG-6 with F-connectors at both ends. Replacing the existing cable with a longer one rather than extending it is preferred.

Any of the ones I have posted? Can't find anynon Amazon and the cable is stuck to the broadband cable of that makes sense
Sorry didn't realise v6 box had a fconnector coax adaptor cable.
The adaptor cable wants removing and the f connector cable extending then adaptor cable fitting back on.
Edited by: "fearona" 15th May
The pic I posted is literally the wire that was in back of V6 box both broadband router and v6 cable are linked together but I just want to extend tv if that makes sense
Virgin connect with F connectors , same as Sky TV. Best to get a complete new length of cable rather than extending the original with a joint. Look on ebay.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 15th May
yorkie1215/05/2020 16:21

Virgin connect with F connectors , same as Sky TV.

V6 has coax to f connector adaptor.
my.virginmedia.com/con…pdf

You can extend the cable then put a coax to f connector adaptor on it.
Jon_Dent15/05/2020 16:11

Any of the ones I have posted? Can't find anynon Amazon and the cable is …Any of the ones I have posted? Can't find anynon Amazon and the cable is stuck to the broadband cable of that makes sense

The black one.
Completely lost need a beer will this do
40761001-GVqI9.jpg
fearona15/05/2020 16:22

V6 has coax to f connector …V6 has coax to f connector adaptor.https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/Virgin-TV-V6-Quickstart-Guide-for-Existing-Customers.pdfYou can extend the cable then put a coax to f connector adaptor on it.[Image]

Would have thought still better with satellite cable as it has better sheilding. All the Virgin stuff I've had dealings with has been fitted using this.
yorkie1215/05/2020 16:31

Would have thought still better with satellite cable as it has better …Would have thought still better with satellite cable as it has better sheilding. All the Virgin stuff I've had dealings with has been fitted using this.

Link won't open:( if you can link the wire on Amazon I'll owe you one haha. Thsnkyou
Jon_Dent15/05/2020 16:32

Link won't open:( if you can link the wire on Amazon I'll owe you one …Link won't open:( if you can link the wire on Amazon I'll owe you one haha. Thsnkyou

The black one in your first post is the one I'd use or may suite decor better in white but that's the type Virgin use.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 15th May
yorkie1215/05/2020 16:31

Would have thought still better with satellite cable as it has better …Would have thought still better with satellite cable as it has better sheilding. All the Virgin stuff I've had dealings with has been fitted using this.

Not doubting the cable, was pointing out its a f connector to coax adaptor.
The input into v6 box is coax connector not f connector.
fearona15/05/2020 16:39

Not doubting the cable, was pointing out its a f connector to coax …Not doubting the cable, was pointing out its a f connector to coax adaptor.The input into v6 box is coax connector not f connector.

Think he has the adaptor already , either way you get one in the 'black kit' in his first post.
The first wire I posted it doesn't look like it would fit I'll move settee soon and get a pic of the actual wire virgin sent
yorkie1215/05/2020 16:41

Think he has the adaptor already , either way you get one in the 'black …Think he has the adaptor already , either way you get one in the 'black kit' in his first post.

Sorry thought that was a straight coupler my mistake.
fearona15/05/2020 16:44

Sorry thought that was a straight coupler my mistake.

TBH isn't easy to tell from photo.
Jon_Dent15/05/2020 16:44

The first wire I posted it doesn't look like it would fit I'll move settee …The first wire I posted it doesn't look like it would fit I'll move settee soon and get a pic of the actual wire virgin sent

The cable you have already may be a factory made one that uses thinner cable , it's the fittings on the ends that count. Like in this one with F connectors and separate and adaptor to fit into V6 ( same as in Fearona's picture). ebay.co.uk/itm…5sX
40762378-waDaR.jpgI'm guessing the first wire I posted will do the trick 😬
Are you planning on moving just the v6 or the v6 and the hub?

If you want to move both you need a f connecting extension (the black one you posted) if you just want to move the v6 you need the white wire you posted
Edited by: "jb66" 15th May
jb6615/05/2020 18:34

Are you planning on moving just the v6 or the v6 and the hub?If you want …Are you planning on moving just the v6 or the v6 and the hub?If you want to move both you need a f connecting extension (the black one you posted) if you just want to move the v6 you need the white wire you posted

Thankyou. Originally I was going to just move one however having a splitter ill just move the 2 sorry for the confusion I've just ordered probably have one lying about but not going in loft haha. Much appreciated
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions