Groups
    EXPIRED

Extend laptop and view in lcd monitor

Hi friends,
    I was thinking to extend my laptop with wireless mouse/keyboard and view display in a lcd screen so as to give my eyes a bit of distant vision .. there are good tft deals available like..

hotukdeals.com/ite…cd-

But can you please help me in finding an extension cable (from laptop to monitor) or a wireless extender (if present)?

3 Comments

A 22" screen, especially one with a higher than normal 1920x1080 resolution, isn't going to be readable more than a meter or so away.

You don't need an extension cable for the video signal, it's been a long time since they were fixed to the monitor so these days you just get a longer DVI/HDMI cable (I'd avoid that vga-only deal at that resolution) rather than an extension. Ebuyer were pretty good with cable prices if you were buying something else from them (such as the monitor), a new cable won't cost you more than a couple of quid for the sort of one you'd use for a 22" monitor.

Wireless extenders for keyboards and mice don't exist AFAIK as the signal tends to be proprietary.

Original Poster

@EndlessWaves
    Thanks for your reply.

I had an old 20'' NEC CRT television in my house which i used to watch from around 3 meters. I thought, i could enable the same technique for the 22 inch TFT monitors too?
    Anyone had experience in watching/reading tft monitors from >3 meters?

For keyboard and mouse, i will go with wireless ones.

getknk;6740693

@EndlessWavesThanks for your reply.I had an old 20'' NEC CRT television … @EndlessWavesThanks for your reply.I had an old 20'' NEC CRT television in my house which i used to watch from around 3 meters. I thought, i could enable the same technique for the 22 inch TFT monitors too? Anyone had experience in watching/reading tft monitors from >3 meters?

It's not the technology, it's the resolution. I don't know what resolution your CRT TV was but 1920x1080 on 22" screen isn't going to be readable.

If you dropped the resolution down to something like 1280x720 (or 1280x800 on a normal widescreen) and got your graphics card to scale it up to the full size of the screen* then that would help make it more readable, but you'd lose a lot of desktop space.

*The screen can scale as well, but on a cheap LCD like you're considering the scaler will be awful quality.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger1011
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?616
      3. GAP Insurance Recommendations22
      4. cats and royal canin biscuits1019

See more discussions