Groups

Extended Warranties for SLR camera...

Just brought a Canon EOS550D from Argos...Thinking to get an extended warranty for 3 years which gives me Accidental damages and breakdown coverage...

Any recommendations...?

8 Comments

Original Poster

Anyone had experience with square trade warranty's from Amazon...?

amazon.co.uk/Squ…1-6

Did argos not offer anything to you? Sometimes the stores own warranty is not a bad option, because they can sometimes swap the item on the same day.

Original Poster

yeah...But it is a little expensive @ £120

aircanman

Did argos not offer anything to you? Sometimes the stores own warranty … Did argos not offer anything to you? Sometimes the stores own warranty is not a bad option, because they can sometimes swap the item on the same day.

Ask them for a quote at warrantydirect.co.uk/hom…tml
    they quoted me £25 for my 550D I did not go into much more as I just was inquiring to see if they did offer warranties from a individual rather than at a shop / store so i don't know what they charge for 3 or 5 yrs

Original Poster

Yeah...I am looking to Insure my 550D against accidental damages...but the website you said looks un-professional...If you are insuring a product for less than 10% price of the product I would be suspicious...

iscom

Ask them for a quote at … Ask them for a quote at http://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/home-warranty-digital.htmlthey quoted me £25 for my 550D I did not go into much more as I just was inquiring to see if they did offer warranties from a individual rather than at a shop / store so i don't know what they charge for 3 or 5 yrs

Original Poster

Have you managed to get warranty for your 550d any way...?

iscom

Ask them for a quote at … Ask them for a quote at http://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/home-warranty-digital.htmlthey quoted me £25 for my 550D I did not go into much more as I just was inquiring to see if they did offer warranties from a individual rather than at a shop / store so i don't know what they charge for 3 or 5 yrs

Yeah...I am looking to Insure my 550D against accidental damages...but the website you said looks un-professional...If you are insuring a product for less than 10% price of the product I would be suspicious...

It wasn't me who said about unprofessional . . its the same company who are advertising on TV and they have a good website and a free phone number as well as a on-line chat service. (read the feed back from customers) No I have not my covered my camera yet, as I have one year retailers cover. I just phoned them to ask if they did offer cover and they said yes, saying £25 I ( think there will be a reduction if you take it for more) they may even offer a monthly payment plan ( most do)
    If you are looking for accidental damage ask you home insurance who may add it you your house cover as a "All Risk Cover" ask both companies what cover they will offer ? mechanical / electrical or Accidental damage cover or both
    I will get around to contacting them again as I am in the process of selling my 400D & 450D . . so maybe next week
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions