Extending WiFi Coverage. Any Advice Please?

Posted 3rd Dec
The WiFi at the in-laws is quite poor and doesn't reach the end bedroom.
There is an electric socket halfway in-between the router and the bedroom.
Is there anything I can plug into the socket and connect to the router using WPS which will extend the WiFi?
Or is there something else I could do?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
BT Whole home mini's: hotukdeals.com/dea…608
This way no matter who their broadband supplier is you can change the router/SIDs and it'll have no effect on their devices.
Use a mesh system like the BT one they just work
And remember its not just the router. If your PC has a PoS wifi card in it, then you may have problems in spite of anything you do. Had to change the Wife's card
terriclarkfan03/12/2019 18:39

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tenda-a9-300mbps-wi-fi-extender-549-delivered-at-boxcouk-3351106

Cor blimey, that's gone up in price a bit
Thanks everyone for your advice
Would this be any good? Seems to have good reviews..........

NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender EX2700 - Coverage up to 600 sq.ft. and 10 devices with N300 Wireless Signal Booster and Repeater (up to 300Mbps speed), and Compact Wall Plug Design with UK Plug amazon.co.uk/dp/…56C
I vouch for the BT ones they are awesome, we had terrible Wi-Fi with drop outs and poor coverage in a few parts of the house. We tried absolute alsorts even changed supplier thinking it was them but since got the BT things it’s been perfect every inch of the house with zero problems in well over a year.
chimp14uk03/12/2019 19:17

Thanks everyone for your advice Would this be any good? Seems to have …Thanks everyone for your advice Would this be any good? Seems to have good reviews..........NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender EX2700 - Coverage up to 600 sq.ft. and 10 devices with N300 Wireless Signal Booster and Repeater (up to 300Mbps speed), and Compact Wall Plug Design with UK Plug https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NIUHAG6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_brR5DbTSWM56C

Budget range extenders have a terrible reputation. While the high end products are acceptable (e.g. the mesh-capable ones even if you don't buy enough to actually have a mesh topology) the old, slow ones like that are best avoided.

The other alternative if you can't run a dedicated wire is a homeplug/powerline based access point which connects to another plug-in unit near the router over the house's electrical wiring.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 3rd Dec
deleted1471098
Mesh network tenda is cheap or bt home WiFi or google home WiFi at the premium end
Don't get a WiFi extender they're absoloute pants. I've had numerous and none of them do a single thing and they have a seperate ssid that you have to connect to. With a mesh system it stays on your same original network and actually sends signal around your house
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions