Extension pole to reach guttering

Posted 31st Oct
Hi, looking to buy an extension pole to reach guttering on our property, its a victorian terrace so they're pretty high up. Will need to be more than 12 feet, so have been looking at the DocaPole for £69.99 (Amazon link)

Any other suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Get a scaffold tower, useful for everything including clearing gutters.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 31st Oct
I've been meaning to make a gutter cleaning attachment for the shop vac (which will suck or blow) using plastic waste pipe, an elbow or 'U' bend and use a heatgun to shape the nozzle to fit, as I'm fed up of climbing up the ladder to get rid of the moss and leaves. Something like the commercial one below.

or

Edited by: "melted" 31st Oct
melted31/10/2019 15:59

I've been meaning to make a gutter cleaning attachment for the shop vac …I've been meaning to make a gutter cleaning attachment for the shop vac (which will suck or blow) using plastic waste pipe, an elbow or 'U' bend and use a heatgun to shape the nozzle to fit, as I'm fed up of climbing up the ladder to get rid of the moss and leaves. Something like the commercial one below.[Video] or [Video]

I used this
OllieSt31/10/2019 16:08

I used this

I thought about getting a gutter brush, but I was concerned it might trap dirt and moss and over time end up with it more blocked, not less.
Edited by: "melted" 31st Oct
Get work second hand ladders of eBay/shpok

I needed to do my gutters and got some double extension ones for £30 in great condition

They are £130 in the shop
melted31/10/2019 15:59

I've been meaning to make a gutter cleaning attachment for the shop vac …I've been meaning to make a gutter cleaning attachment for the shop vac (which will suck or blow) using plastic waste pipe, an elbow or 'U' bend and use a heatgun to shape the nozzle to fit, as I'm fed up of climbing up the ladder to get rid of the moss and leaves. Something like the commercial one below.[Video] or [Video]

That's not a bad idea!
go go gadet arm
I can't see much information about the Docazoo company, somewhat surprising considering the high prices they're charging.

From the fitting on the end It looks like a roller extension pole so it might not be particularly rigid even if it's well built for that sort of thing. You could also consider the garden combi systems like Wolf Garten or Gardena which are shorter (typically 4m/13' so above your required length) but are designed to fit attachments to cut tree branches as well as cleaning stuff so may be heavier duty.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants