Expired

External CD/DVD R/RW

5 replies
Found 31st Mar 2010
I bought an Acer Aspire R3610, so i am looking for (as per title).
Any advice on what to buy & what not to buy?
Any links for discounts or deals would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Biffy67

5 Comments

There are a few things to look for:

Power: Does it need to be plugged in, or is it powered by USB so you can use it on the move?
Write Speed: You should go for '8x'
Disc Compatibility: Does it write/read certain kinds of discs - this will be dependant on what you're planning to use it for!!
Looks: A good colour and styling are important!!
Price: You should look to pay no more than £40, and would recommend trying the usual Amazon and Play.com, and you could also check for any stores on eBay to compare prices if you want.

Original Poster

Cheers

Original Poster

Just bumping this guys as i now have £35 of Amazon vouchers & wondered what would be the best choice. I'm not bothered about 'Lightscribe', just a good,reliable unit.
As i said, looking for one from Amazon.

Thanks for any help.
Will Rep. where applicable.

SeanUSX;8255191

There are a few things to look for:Power: Does it need to be plugged in, … There are a few things to look for:Power: Does it need to be plugged in, or is it powered by USB so you can use it on the move?Write Speed: You should go for '8x'Disc Compatibility: Does it write/read certain kinds of discs - this will be dependant on what you're planning to use it for!!Looks: A good colour and styling are important!!Price: You should look to pay no more than £40, and would recommend trying the usual Amazon and Play.com, and you could also check for any stores on eBay to compare prices if you want.

All sound advice except the bold, which is just stupid.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. active noise cancelling headphones21
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?44
    3. Blog advice please33
    4. Best site to buy a domain11

See more discussions