Expired

External DVD drive - any ideas where I can get one real cheap?

3 replies
Found 19th Jun 2009
Needs to attach to a MacBook either via USB or Firewire.

My internal superdrive is goodnight vienna so this is a distressed purchase - cheapest solution needed.

Thanks in advance for your help, people.

3 Comments

Gutted, you not feeling brave enough to try fitting an internal new drive?

Problem you may have with a cheap third party drive is that it may not be 'Apple Supported' meaning it may not work directly with iLife apps interms of burning discs.

Bit of a nightmare really, you would have to google what Drives are 'Apple Supported'

Original Poster

could try to locate a superdrive via eBay I suppose.

An external would be useful as I have 2 macbooks and a couple of windoze laptops too so I can use it as resource for all of them.

BTW - do you know if Apple are still replacing MacBook cases with the hairline cracks next to the trackpad?

The machine is out of warranty, but I heard that Apple might still be honouring this replacement as it clearly is a design/manufacturing fault.

martinelsen;5534721

could try to locate a superdrive via eBay I suppose.An external would be … could try to locate a superdrive via eBay I suppose.An external would be useful as I have 2 macbooks and a couple of windoze laptops too so I can use it as resource for all of them.BTW - do you know if Apple are still replacing MacBook cases with the hairline cracks next to the trackpad?The machine is out of warranty, but I heard that Apple might still be honouring this replacement as it clearly is a design/manufacturing fault.

Ring Customer services and have a moan see what they say.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56529
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions