Expired

External Hard Disk Drive

7 replies
Found 3rd Dec 2007
I am looking for an External (portable) Hard Disk Drive for back-up/storage of files on PC - mainly photos, music and movies - looking to spend around c. £50?

Not sure what I should be taking into account when looking (apart from memory size) but found this:

amazon.co.uk/Wes…1-3

Any good? Anything else that others may have come across? Any other considerations I should take into account when choosing?

8 Comments

Original Poster

Anyone?

That one's fine and the price is good

there is a 500Gb one in aldi at the moment for £69

That's a 3.5 inch drive not a 2.5 inch as in your first post and as such will need a seperate power supply.

It's also very poor value as you can get 500GB 3.5 inch drives for a similar price.

Original Poster

Looks like they sold out of the 320GB.

Is this any good for £69.99?

pcworld.co.uk/mar…750

Anyone know the dimensions/measurements of the unit itself?

Original Poster

barneydog

That's a 3.5 inch drive not a 2.5 inch as in your first post and as such … That's a 3.5 inch drive not a 2.5 inch as in your first post and as such will need a seperate power supply.It's also very poor value as you can get 500GB 3.5 inch drives for a similar price.

Where can you get 500GB for c.£50?

How about this: ]http//ww…8-9

£68.73, 2.5", Top brand, 5yr warranty, USB powered (so no need to lug about a power supply), about the size of a small paperback book.

EDIT: or a bigger desktop drive: amazon.co.uk/Sea…8-2
£56.99, 3.5", Seagate again, 5yr warranty, needs separate power supply, about the size of a medium-large book
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.11
    2. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941397
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427414632
    4. Misco about to go into administration44

See more discussions