External Hard Drive For TV

Found 4th Jun
I have a Panasonic 50EX700B which I would like to get connected to an external hard drive to start recording on. Trouble is, I have no idea which to get or what would be compatible.
Any help much appreciated!
Thanks.
Community Updates
7 Comments
Most will be compatible, it's just if you go over 2TB, then the partitioning scheme has to change from MBR to GPT and my 4 year old LG and 3 year old Samsung can't read GPT. Pretty sure any 2TB drive or smaller will work.
The manual says 160GB to 6TB
MIDURIX13 m ago

Most will be compatible, it's just if you go over 2TB, then the …Most will be compatible, it's just if you go over 2TB, then the partitioning scheme has to change from MBR to GPT and my 4 year old LG and 3 year old Samsung can't read GPT. Pretty sure any 2TB drive or smaller will work.

Thank you! I’m sure the man in the shop muttered something being 2TB, but wasn’t quite sure.
Thanks again!
Ssd drive that's low powered at 1amp may work fine. You need to look at the TV specs to see if usb port can deliver 1amp. If so your good to go. Just one usb cable to ssd drive. That's how I would do it.
wayners52 m ago

Ssd drive that's low powered at 1amp may work fine. You need to look at …Ssd drive that's low powered at 1amp may work fine. You need to look at the TV specs to see if usb port can deliver 1amp. If so your good to go. Just one usb cable to ssd drive. That's how I would do it.

Why would you use an ssd for just video recording though? That would make it expensive for no reason.
wayners2 h, 48 m ago

Ssd drive that's low powered at 1amp may work fine. You need to look at …Ssd drive that's low powered at 1amp may work fine. You need to look at the TV specs to see if usb port can deliver 1amp. If so your good to go. Just one usb cable to ssd drive. That's how I would do it.

That's nuts.
Just get one of These
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants